Explain Please

Moderator: Support Moderators

PleasureThief

Explain Please

Post by PleasureThief »

So if anyone can explain this to me I would be appreciative.

So I have been macroing in town, on various toons. On 2 incidents I have been "stolen" from repeatedly.

What happens is, I will be macroing, I will be beside a guard and a NPC, someone will come in attempt to steal and get killed.

This doesn't happen one time, it happens repeatedly!

Then I will check my stuff, and all of my important things are still on my toons. Including the majority if not all of my gold.

So the question in a nut shell:

Are they trying to steal money off me? Are they retarded? Do they not realize that they can make more money other various ways? Or am I missing something?

I almost want to give them like 400 gold so they will leave my toon alone, because that is all they can be netting from this ridiculous procedure.

Atraxi

Re: Explain Please

Post by Atraxi »

Stealing from people in town isn't a very lucrative business. The thieves that make money stealing are house looters. The people stealing from you in town are doing it just to screw with you.

Basically, they are stealing from you just to steal from you. They don't do it to get rich. They just do it to cause grief. That's why they are called "griefers".

They won't get killed every time they steal from you, though. If they successfully steal from you, they can get away unscathed.

More importantly, why are you standing around holding more than what you need for macroing? Go to the bank, and set up a restock macro. Then bank your gold and anything else you don't need right then. It is possible for people to come into town and kill you. Restock macros are easy to set up and eliminate the risk of losing things if you die.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

PleasureThief

Post by PleasureThief »

They can't exactly be "screwing with me" if im afk.

Hence, why it seems pointless.

However, in regards to your question of "OMG noob! why don't you have a restock macro??"

Probably because this is day 4 of me playing this game, hence I am posting in the newb section. Sorry I am not pro yet.

However, that is a good idea and I will look into that, ironically I do not have enough valuable stuff yet for that to be a pressing matter.

PleasureThief

Post by PleasureThief »

And also, if it is because they are "griefers" than thank you for the explanation.

It still seems beyond pointless.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Not even worthy of being called griefers. They're idiots who don't know how to effectively steal or grief.

Just as a rule of thumb, it is better to use a restock macro and keep an empty pack. Play with the restock agent. Its quite handy, even outside of macros.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

PleasureThief

Post by PleasureThief »

Downs wrote:Not even worthy of being called griefers. They're idiots who don't know how to effectively steal or grief.

Just as a rule of thumb, it is better to use a restock macro and keep an empty pack. Play with the restock agent. Its quite handy, even outside of macros.

Thank you both for the "restock" tip. It hasn't dawned on me yet because of my current items, but that is obviously a smart move.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

PleasureThief wrote:They can't exactly be "screwing with me" if im afk.

However, in regards to your question of "OMG noob! why don't you have a restock macro??"

Probably because this is day 4 of me playing this game, hence I am posting in the newb section. Sorry I am not pro yet.

However, that is a good idea and I will look into that, ironically I do not have enough valuable stuff yet for that to be a pressing matter.
Well, of course it is pointless...until you make a post about it, then they were successfully screwing with you, enough to make you type it out.

By your tone, I can tell you'll fit right in. Welcome to UOSA!!
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Atraxi wrote:Stealing from people in town isn't a very lucrative business.
Someone's never visited the RoB vendor house NW of Brit GY...

Although I removed my vendor temporarily, I've made a killing on stolen weapons and jewelry. Not house loot or idoc style killing for sure, but don't try to tell me thieving isn't lucrative...
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Bank thieving isn't lucrative. Dungeon thieving, pvp thieving, house looting, etc are money makers. Getting g-whacked over and over to steal a silver broadsword of ruin is stupid
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Downs wrote:Getting g-whacked over and over to steal a silver broadsword of ruin is stupid
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Downs wrote:Bank thieving isn't lucrative. Dungeon thieving, pvp thieving, house looting, etc are money makers. Getting g-whacked over and over to steal a silver broadsword of ruin is stupid
this is the truth i mean don't get me wrong i have hopped some nice gates linger around near banks and hell i have stole some rares etc but generally the above is exactly the case. catch people doing trade is your only good shot at a bank . i would rather town kill them to be honest.
Pirul wrote:

Well, of course it is pointless...until you make a post about it, then they were successfully screwing with you, enough to make you type it out.

and yeah this ^
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

PleasureThief

Post by PleasureThief »

iamreallysquall wrote:
Downs wrote:Bank thieving isn't lucrative. Dungeon thieving, pvp thieving, house looting, etc are money makers. Getting g-whacked over and over to steal a silver broadsword of ruin is stupid
this is the truth i mean don't get me wrong i have hopped some nice gates linger around near banks and hell i have stole some rares etc but generally the above is exactly the case. catch people doing trade is your only good shot at a bank . i would rather town kill them to be honest.
Pirul wrote:

and yeah this ^

This is an incorrect assessment.

The post was made not to "gripe about griefers", because clearly I had no idea they existed, if you read the first post, +2 ish.

This post was made because I was confused at the intent of why people would do this. I did not know if they gained anything that I was unaware of...

Refer back to OP. I was looking for clarification, not venting.

Koden

Post by Koden »

As in any sandbox there are those who will kick over a sand castle just to kick it over. Welcome to our sand box :)

Yes it is mostly to bug you, or they are as new as you and are stealing for a lark, or to gain skill.

In this sandbox things will get taken, you will get PKed it won't always be one on one. It will happen just after you get a pack full of regs, or as you walk out of a dungon with a pack full of loot.

But once in a while you will walk away with thier head in your pack. . . . How I love this sand box.

My long winded point is that I hope you will see that the bad makes the good all the sweeter; You just have to be able to handle both. Be happy there is someone in your pack, watch them go gray... then aim for the neck : )
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish on UOSA and he will stay up until his wife yells at him to get to bed.

Return to “New Player Help”