Poison question

Topics related to Second Age
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Poison question

Post by Mikel123 »

Couple things...

I think we determined the stamina damage was nothing specific to the poison, but rather the same way in which stamina is lost through damage from a halberd hit or an energy bolt hit.

As for the infamous Kraruug thread... sorry Hicha, but I think you guys were incorrect. I too remember poison being more powerful back in the day, but it seems exceedingly likely that this was due to the minimum damage patch from UOR, plus the fact that most players (i.e. the noobs you/Kraruug were killing with DP back in the day) didn't carry cure potions, plus the fact that people who got DPed or L5ed were most likely also taking hits here and there from the very monster(s) that poisoned them.

Lastly, I think Terathan Avengers should have DP in our era, not L5.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

But Mikel332, tinker trapped boxes had lethal poison - it certainly did not take a long time to kill ppl irl.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Mikel123 wrote:Couple things...

I think we determined the stamina damage was nothing specific to the poison, but rather the same way in which stamina is lost through damage from a halberd hit or an energy bolt hit.

As for the infamous Kraruug thread... sorry Hicha, but I think you guys were incorrect. I too remember poison being more powerful back in the day, but it seems exceedingly likely that this was due to the minimum damage patch from UOR, plus the fact that most players (i.e. the noobs you/Kraruug were killing with DP back in the day) didn't carry cure potions, plus the fact that people who got DPed or L5ed were most likely also taking hits here and there from the very monster(s) that poisoned them.

Lastly, I think Terathan Avengers should have DP in our era, not L5.
Ah... the poison problem. I'm glad to see I have an 'infamous' thread :D

The problem with Mikel's assumption is that
a) I quit very shortly after UO:R
b) I wasn't killing unequip noobs. O/C was very big in Chessy and filled with good players... We weren't dropping noobs in the Brit Sewers, were were fighting equipped in town, cures and all.

The thing with

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Kraarug wrote:The thing with
Exactly how DP ended!
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter