Unlocking the crate in a monster spawn

Moderator: Support Moderators

Benzene

Unlocking the crate in a monster spawn

Post by Benzene »

You know the spawns where monsters have an NPC held captive? I noticed one of the monsters drop a key, but it doesn't open the chest. This happened to me twice. I was wondering if they needed to be lockpicked or something. Taking an axe to the chest didn't do anything either. Anyone know what I'm dong wrong? Thanks.

Sheer Luck

Re: Unlocking the crate in a monster spawn

Post by Sheer Luck »

Benzene wrote:You know the spawns where monsters have an NPC held captive? I noticed one of the monsters drop a key, but it doesn't open the chest. This happened to me twice. I was wondering if they needed to be lockpicked or something. Taking an axe to the chest didn't do anything either. Anyone know what I'm dong wrong? Thanks.

The key is for the NPC's chains, and is optional. Although, you have to loot it before you free the hostage, or no Karma/Fame gain.

The crate/box to the Southwest can be opened with the Unlock spell with 50 magery. If there is another crate/box in the spawn to the Northeast, the 2nd one requires use of the lockpicking skill. No idea what level of LP, other than that 93 is sufficient. I'm guessing 50 of that too. Both are trapped.
You see: a character crafted by Sheer Luck

[23:55]<Soma> I know very well of Abbott's ways
[23:56]<Soma> He may be a pedophile, but he's a damn good smith

Return to “New Player Help”