Proposed Changes To Forums was:Question Sub Forum

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Proposed Changes To Forums was:Question Sub Forum

Post by Hemperor »

Keep the patch notes board for sure, it is one of the most necessary.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

why? for you to complain in? i think not. there's plenty of time for discussion when proposed changes are posted in the shard news. when they finally get to patch notes the staff has already discussed it and done their research and the work.

That said, if there are concerns about accuracy for the patches then there's a forum for that. If there are bugs with the patches then there's a forum for that. It's not that there isn't a place for the patch notes to be posted, or discussed, just that by eliminating that forum the discussions will take place in their proper forums. This will only serve to streamline the fixing of any bugs/accuracy issues that arise.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

fooka03 wrote:why? for you to complain in? i think not. there's plenty of time for discussion when proposed changes are posted in the shard news. when they finally get to patch notes the staff has already discussed it and done their research and the work.

That said, if there are concerns about accuracy for the patches then there's a forum for that. If there are bugs with the patches then there's a forum for that. It's not that there isn't a place for the patch notes to be posted, or discussed, just that by eliminating that forum the discussions will take place in their proper forums. This will only serve to streamline the fixing of any bugs/accuracy issues that arise.
You're a tool.

How about for the reasons Derrick (admin of the shard) stated? Is that not enough for you?

Maybe for players to discuss the changes, or clear things up on the changes themself?

Horrible forum design btw. Keep it the way it is.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

I believe the stated reason was ease of use for them. If that's the case then fine but I strongly suggest that once posted that they be locked. The whole point behind this rework is to make things more organized and eliminate redundancies.

I'm a tool? Come on, if you're going to trash talk me there's a place for it. If you don't like the layout then how about a better suggestion than "leave it the way it is" since that is definitely not going to happen.
Cash, The Drunken Smith

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

fooka03 wrote:I believe the stated reason was ease of use for them. If that's the case then fine but I strongly suggest that once posted that they be locked. The whole point behind this rework is to make things more organized and eliminate redundancies.

I'm a tool? Come on, if you're going to trash talk me there's a place for it. If you don't like the layout then how about a better suggestion than "leave it the way it is" since that is definitely not going to happen.
You called me out, saying I wanted them to 'complain in', even though I am the first on the test shard and the last to complain about changes.

It's definitely not going to happen? Who are you now, think you're running the show? I'm not even going to read your layout, they are fine the way it is. Adding a 'Questions' board MAY be an alright idea, but I don't think we even have the playerbase yet for so many boards, so maybe you should start voting instead of doing this.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

Hmm, what part of Derrick asked for a forum rework did you miss?

My post wasn't directed solely at you, more at the gen pop as a whole in regards to the patch notes. Not everyone is out to get you.

Bottom line, the forums are going to be changed, and not because I want them to, but because Derrick wants them to. So you have two choices, either be a productive component of this discussion and put forth some well thought out suggestions, or leave this thread alone.

If you're so adamant about the forums not being changed how about you post a few reasons why instead of trying to flame-bait.
Cash, The Drunken Smith

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

fooka03 wrote:Hmm, what part of Derrick asked for a forum rework did you miss?

My post wasn't directed solely at you, more at the gen pop as a whole in regards to the patch notes. Not everyone is out to get you.

Bottom line, the forums are going to be changed, and not because I want them to, but because Derrick wants them to. So you have two choices, either be a productive component of this discussion and put forth some well thought out suggestions, or leave this thread alone.

If you're so adamant about the forums not being changed how about you post a few reasons why instead of trying to flame-bait.
So for me to have an opinion on this issue, which Derrick also requested, it must be PRO-change? I can't say I like them the way they are?

They are terrific right now, simple, organised and not cluttered. Go on to a UOGamers forum and you'll see what I'm talking about. Sorry for assuming you were directing that comment soley towards me, but I think the patch notes board is probably the most vital on the forums here.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

I didn't say you couldn't express that you like them the way they are now, just explain why you do so adjustments can be made.

If you're specific in what you like about the forums I can incorporate those ideas into the changes. If you just say "I like them the way they are" then I don't know what you want to keep so badly.

For the patch notes forum, why is that the most important? How is its function not covered in the proposed changes?
Cash, The Drunken Smith

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

I'm going to begin work on writing up descriptions soon. If you have any suggestions or ideas on what to include in the descriptions for specific forums please let me know.

This means that I'm also progressing towards finalizing the changes, if you have any comments or critiques, now is the time to voice them. But please be thorough in explaining what you think needs to be changed, why, and a possible solution. If you do not communicate your concerns to me adequately I cannot act on them and improve the forums.
Cash, The Drunken Smith

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i would love to see in the trade forum a board for resource trades
the sell/buy forums are saturated with the same people repeatedly posting restocks of igs/boards ect over n over
i spend a lot of time eliminating repeat threads ect
maybe have a resource sub forum or a better way of managing resources trades
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

BlackFoot wrote:i would love to see in the trade forum a board for resource trades
the sell/buy forums are saturated with the same people repeatedly posting restocks of igs/boards ect over n over
i spend a lot of time eliminating repeat threads ect
maybe have a resource sub forum or a better way of managing resources trades
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3776

:P
Cash, The Drunken Smith