Monsters with guild affiliations. Add more or remove them?

Topics related to Second Age

Should Ascalon be granted Order Guard Spawn?

URK and UWL have NPCs guilded to them, so why the hell not?
31%
The entire concept of NPCs with guild affiliation is NEA and should be removed (Yes, even Bloodrock).
56%
If yet another guild gets custom NPC/guilded monsters, a menu should prompt you to select yours when you place a guild stone.
13%

Total votes: 32

Tiwstacain

Re: Monsters with guild affiliations. Add more or remove the

Post by Tiwstacain »

ya... ur options suck, and last time i checked KA didn't rp a certain style as the urks and uwl do, so no, u shouldn't get them. BTW i love that the urks and undead have there own "friends" . They are trying to make the game more entertaining, as well as role play as murderers. Awesome job btw urks and uwl. Unfortunately no, KA don't deserve anything.

TC

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

No harm = Okay by me.

Big, and more importantly, active enough guilds should be allowed to have some friendly NPC's

If it bothers you, stay out of their territory or better yet, do something about it like organize a raid!
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

Last I checked, KA don't run around on foot with store bought items. Not saying that should be the criteria for having NPCs in your town, but my point is the orcs are roleplayers first and foremost. Is it really that big of a deal that they ruined your armour? Aren't they supposed to be there to defend the fort from people like you, and if so, surely they're doing a good job?!

Lucien

Post by Lucien »

Why isn't there a "I'd like to keep things this way." option?

Partial poll is partial. If you really wanted people's opinion, that should have been included.

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

Can PoD have red npc archers on all of our ships? If we did we would rule the world!

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Haha, what has K^A done?
Oh, you mean aside from me rallying the shard to defend Vesper in the #VesperDefense room on IRC?
What about the crazy Ettin spawn in Ascalon that was part of an event/chain of events?
How about the Walk Across Britannia event I'm organizing and the 500 magic weapons I donated to Nevermore to put on an event for the shard?

Just because we don't have a schtick, doesn't mean we don't RP. We, or at least I and several members, RP good, honest and helpful human beings. I'm not sure how a bunch of PvP/griefing/PKs wouldn't understand that lawful citizens of Ascalon are actually playing a role. Just because we don't talk gibberish or act like zombies, means we're not RP?
L
O
L

Yes, I have organized raids on Urks, and honestly, I used to fight the NPCs plenty. I'm not all that concerned about the armor, but it was worth mentioning.
I've cleared out Cove and the Bloodrock town several times, as have many other people. The problem there is that it's pointless and in the event that we actually get to fight player Urks, they basically just rally around their uber-spawn. If you know me, you know I don't play a tank mage. I've had a lot of good fights with the Urks, when that shitty spawn isn't around.

So really, if you think Ascalon is doing nothing of worth this year, perhaps you're not paying attention. Try leaving the Brit GY for a day or two and maybe you'll experience some good RP elseware.

I'm not offended that people don't think we deserve anything. I can understand it must be easy to be jealous of one of the oldest, most prominent and STILL HIGHLY ACTIVE guilds on the shard. I'm not looking for hand-outs, but some balance to the spawns. Either NPC guard spawn/guilded NPCs, or dumb down the Urk spawn to a level that is on par with era-accuracy.

I miss fighting the real Urks. We had a ton of fun, but I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen one outside their house in the last couple weeks.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Lucien wrote:Why isn't there a "I'd like to keep things this way." option?

Partial poll is partial. If you really wanted people's opinion, that should have been included.
As my mother would say "don't should on me".

Make your own poll if my options are insufficient to cover your opinions.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by elhorno »

BlaiseDad wrote:

Or just write a good poll the first time? Your options are the worst...

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

elhorno wrote:
BlaiseDad wrote:

Or just write a good poll the first time? Your options are the worst...
Then don't vote. I won't force you to select one.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by elhorno »

I didn't :) But if you want relevant information to come out of your poll, using legitimate options instead of relying on false dilemma would go a long way. Just a tip.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

My options are legit, albeit worded with a tone of humor. If the option you would like to see is not there, perhaps it's one I don't care for. I appreciate your input and concern, regardless.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

I've got no problem with guilded NPCs but I do think the Bloodrock NPCs are:

A.) Overpowered.
B.) Too fast.
C.) Might need better loot if they are to stay the same.
D.) First and foremost eyesores. If I could make a change I'd make em look just like regular orcs. In fact I'd make all orcs guilded to Bloodrock so they could inhabit other forts if they wished.

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

And don't get me started on those trammie lookin elves!

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Kander wrote:Can PoD have red npc archers on all of our ships? If we did we would rule the world!

Very cool idea! Too bad programming actual NPC pirates that sail the seas would be too hard (probably?).
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

WiseOne wrote:
Kander wrote:Can PoD have red npc archers on all of our ships? If we did we would rule the world!

Very cool idea! Too bad programming actual NPC pirates that sail the seas would be too hard (probably?).
Its already been done, just not on this shard to my knowledge. Shouldn't be hard to do.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro