UnAttended Fishing

Topics related to Second Age
LudKrud

Re: UnAttended Fishing

Post by LudKrud »

Braden wrote:
Anon Emous wrote:All valid points. With everything being said I still don't think it should be a bannable offense. I unfortunately don't have a second screen.
Please configure your clien correctly. When we appear it sounds like a lightning bolt. When we leave it sounds like a tripple flamestrike. This is intentional so that whenever we appear, you will HEAR us even if you are in a different window. If you have your sound disabled and get jailed for unattended resource gathering, its your own fault. We give you 5 minutes plus the audible indicator that we have appeared.
You can configure it so you can hear sound on a UO screen not on top?
I need to know how to do this,please enlighten me!!

Anon Emous

Post by Anon Emous »

Branden if you could please list how it should be configured i would appreciate it.

Braden
UOSA Policy Enforcer
UOSA Policy Enforcer

Post by Braden »

I am familiar with the 7x client. If the 5x client does not support sound for background processes, then your only other recourse is to check your fisherman once every 5 minutes.
<Layt> note to self (and others)
<Layt> do not magic arrow braden
<Zebulone> He has inf reflect
<Layt> more like reflect and amplify
<Layt> it was a death sequence unlike any other i had ever seen

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

I have windows XP,is that 5x or 7x? What does that mean.....

Charla

Post by Charla »

Not playing your character, letting computer do it, is resource gathering; which is not allowed. It's part of the game.
There are several things I dislike about UOSA, but I enjoy playing it; so I shrug off what I dislike, try to play by the
rules. I suggest you do the same.
A great gold source for beginners or semi-beginners is mining and smithing. Another is tailoring hides. Hides are easy to come by.
Sell shoes and boots to npc cobbler, armor to various npc in shops. Also making bows and arrows are decent gold for a semi-beginner.
If you don't wish to smith or tailor, see if you can sell ingots, arrows, and hides to other players.

Hope these suggestions help you earn gold, without breaking the rules.

Westra

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Boondock_Saint wrote:When we butt pirates kill fishermen, typically we find more than one on a boat.
Triple fishing on one boat all day can create a small fortune and the intention of this rule is to make 'work' for gold and earn it. If you want it the easy way isn't there another server where you can set your own stats and such for the lazy ones?
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

WiseOne wrote:
Boondock_Saint wrote:When we butt pirates kill fishermen, typically we find more than one on a boat.
Look at me, I'm being witty by editing a quote LOLOLOOL

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Vhyx wrote:
WiseOne wrote:
Look at me, I'm being witty by editing a quote LOLOLOOL

About time someone noticed :D
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Let's not take this thread to trash talk please.

k thx
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

Zelek Uther wrote:Let's not take this thread to trash talk please.

k thx
Why not? This topic comes up every other week and its the same ole news. You will never going to get to fish for mibs afk.

On that note. SCURVY YOUR A DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY MALL COP!!!!!!

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Hehe!
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

PetRock

Post by PetRock »

Braden wrote: then your only other recourse is to check your fisherman once every 5 minutes.
Guess its time to buy an egg timer for fishing, forget being carried away by the importance of rezing a character at an IDOC, or even helping a child tie their shoes.
Perhaps I have the order of those backward, but you get the idea.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

Kander wrote:
Zelek Uther wrote:Let's not take this thread to trash talk please.

k thx
Why not? This topic comes up every other week and its the same ole news. You will never going to get to fish for mibs afk.

On that note. SCURVY YOUR A DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY MALL COP!!!!!!
If Scurvy is a dirty mall cop, you must be (something that woulda made the admins cranky).

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

PetRock wrote:
Braden wrote: then your only other recourse is to check your fisherman once every 5 minutes.
Guess its time to buy an egg timer for fishing, forget being carried away by the importance of rezing a character at an IDOC, or even helping a child tie their shoes.
Perhaps I have the order of those backward, but you get the idea.
You can't take the two seconds to stop the fishing macro?

That would be DIFFICULT.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Braden wrote:
Anon Emous wrote:All valid points. With everything being said I still don't think it should be a bannable offense. I unfortunately don't have a second screen.
Please configure your clien correctly. When we appear it sounds like a lightning bolt. When we leave it sounds like a tripple flamestrike. This is intentional so that whenever we appear, you will HEAR us even if you are in a different window. If you have your sound disabled and get jailed for unattended resource gathering, its your own fault. We give you 5 minutes plus the audible indicator that we have appeared.
Sorry to derail this thread (although the last post was a month ago so its probably dead anyway) but this brings up a question I have. I'm using windows 7 and the sound doesn't work when I play through razor. UO without razor works fine (and on my brother's XP machine, sound is fine both ways). I seem to remember reading that there were sound issues with razor/UO/Win7. Has this ever been fixed? Is there an update I'm not aware of? Are there work-arounds that others have discovered? Please advise.

Thanks!