Stealing macro help

Moderator: Support Moderators

Icabus

Stealing macro help

Post by Icabus »

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of making a theif, but i'm having trouble gaining any stealthing skill.

Can anyone give me a few pointers on how to raise it? I read somewhere that it involved a pack horse?

Would be wonderful if someone could also help me with a macro?

Thanks!

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Stealing macro help

Post by RoadKill »

Icabus wrote:Hi guys,

I'm in the process of making a theif, but i'm having trouble gaining any stealthing skill.

Can anyone give me a few pointers on how to raise it? I read somewhere that it involved a pack horse?

Would be wonderful if someone could also help me with a macro?

Thanks!
Stealing Skill / 10 = the weight you should be trying to steal. IE, at 90 stealing, you want to steal something that is 9 stones. Bottles are 1 stone each, so they work out well. Put bottles into a bag (but keep in mind that the bag itself weighs something, so at 90 stealing, 9 bottles wouldn't be right, its probably 7 bottles).

Make a new razor macro. Hit Record, record yourself stealing the bag, then drag and drop the bag back onto the pack horse. Stop recording. Add a pause. My macro looks like this:

Use Skill Stealing
Wait For Target
Absolute Target
Pause 1000 (1sec)
Lift 1 - XXXXXX (an Item ID for the bag)
Drop to XXXXXX (location ID for the pack horse)
Pause 10000 (10 seconds)

The Lift/Drop IDs are generated by razor and therefore you don't need to actually set them. The pack horse should be owned by another character, your thief should be "friended" to the pack horse (have the owner friend the thief character).
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Icabus

Re: Stealing macro help

Post by Icabus »

thanks roadkill :)

although through some trial and error, I found I can steal 9 bottles at 90odd stealing in a pouch. I can also own the pack horse and have it set to guard, which allows me to steal the pouch. thanks for the help with the macro, it works like a charm :)

Return to “New Player Help”