hello and goodbye

Topics related to Second Age
sedrick

hello and goodbye

Post by sedrick »

I came to this server for nostalgic reasons. Ago i started uo some very few weeks before renaissance came out. I really still prefer t2a. However back then people seemed to be a lot of nicer. I came to the shard asking ppl stuff, they just ignored me. When i was fighting in a rebel camp against those npc's a player just came and always took the loot. Well better than the player (not a murder) who killed me later on to get my noob armor stuff and 100 gold... Whatever it was the third time a blue player just randomly killed me for beeing just a new player easy to rob. When i got lost somewhat i again asked a player if he could open a moongate for me to teleport me to brit he just ignored me. Well i dont really feel like T2A its not the servers fault but players changed. PPL dont want to play the game anymore they just want to push their gold and awesomeness, never helping anyone but themselves. And its in all games well but anyway. Having to search myself a noob armor the third time just gave me the rest, i feel like the players on this shard hate newcomers, i enjoyed the nostalgic stones music at least farewell everyone.

tl;dr QQ everyone is evil, cya

SolsbaryStouvre

Re: hello and goodbye

Post by SolsbaryStouvre »

The problem isnt so much people ignoring others. The problem is what causes people to act like that - people who pretend to be genuine or lie asking for help and then do something like steal or grief or whatever.

There are still a lot of nice people on the shard you just have to ignore the ones who are miserable and (what seems) whose day jobs are to just bother people.

I hope you come back and keep trying, but if not sorry it didnt work out for you.

fenwick

Post by fenwick »

I had the opposite experience. On one occasion, the other player saw that I was new, and we chatted, then he gave me 1000 gold to get started. Another time, someone gave me a bunch of low-level magic items. Another time, I was killed but then after I was looted, at least the killer resurrected and healed me, and only took my reagents and gold. And a few times people have healed me while I'm fighting something and waiting for the bandages to kick in.

Most people are nice, and some are mean too. I have been town killed a few times.

So it all depends. Just have to find some nice people and stick with them and ignore the jerks. It's a small shard too, so you start to see the same names if you hang out in a town or area for any length of time.

Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome »

I mean this in the most helpful way possible, but it sounds like you are doing something wrong.

I've been here a couple months, only had 2 attempts on my life by other players and both failed.

I think this is because I've done things the smart way. I didn't venture too far from guard zone until I felt I could at least make an escape from pks (ie gm hiding & 90+ HP). I didn't venture into populated non-guarded areas until I felt I was ready to hold my own against the other mid-level characters I would find there (80 weapon skills & high hp).

If someone else is already camping a spot you go to, move along. If someone comes along and starts looting when you were there first, move along or kill them. It's not overly difficult to be safe in this game, you just have to have a certain level of caution and pessimism.

Lastly, I've had all of one situation where I needed to address another player for help, and the guy helped me. Maybe the person you asked for help was AFK.

FOOLVER

Post by FOOLVER »

I found the exact opposite atmosphere of the topic starter in this server (I logged in for the first time one-week ago +-).
Never got killed by someone (once I had to give some of my lings as a tax for not being killed :-))
Ppls helped me with suggestions, once 1 player gave me 10k etc.
Altough my english sux, I have found some many ppls dedicated me some many time just to speak.

One suggestion: do not give up easily.

Luke

Post by Luke »

Sounds like the original poster went to all the wrong places and asked for things he didn't really need. This is a sure way to have all the "fun" described. UO weeds out the people unfit for a real fantasy world with little law enforcement. These are the same people that likely couldn't take care of themselves outside of a city in real life too. I've been here for about 2 months and have yet to be killed by a player and in fact have only been attacked once. Most everyone I meet is kind to me and I do the same for others unless screwed with.

Bmohr225

Post by Bmohr225 »

My first day on the shard I stepped into a moongate that had urks hunting demons on the other side. I got killed and then left in the depths of hythloth. It's what made me continue playing, haha.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

When I was new I was self sufficient and didn't stand at the bank asking for gold.. Now that I have millions and complete total awesomeness, I stand at the bank and ask for gold.

Come back and play.. people give people stuff all the time. I toss gold to new players, and even take them hunting from time to time. Join a guild like DCT or DG or something rather newbie friendly.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Valhoppen

Post by Valhoppen »

I think everyone got a taste of greedy looters. You just need to stand your ground and either go somewhere else, kill the person. I think it is recommended to find people to play with if you are doing that kind of thing. I have been pked once in the guard zone in Yew before thank god they fixed the guard zone in the game.

Anyways you need to learn how to fight. Back in the day (and I haven't killed anyone on this shard yet.) I attacked those people who took my loot because they were jerks, but I was able to kill them.

I don't know what could be worse that or Trammel. I mean this is the kind of thing people complained about in the game and those are the same people that destroyed t2a and when Trammel was out and you went to the dungeon it was such BULL because everyone was mass looting all the kills in dungeons and it pissed me off because I couldn't kill them and in Felluca if you went to those dungeons there was nobody there and the spawn was massive so it wasn't worth going in (it wasn't even worth playing the game at that point anyways) so yeah when Trammel came out people were the biggest jerks, they sat at the bank all day showing off their ice staffs and stupid special items in the game and when the noobs asked them where they got it they said in polite terms buzz off!

I haven't played this game in a couple of weeks already but want to come back to it soon because I got some characters that I need to develope. There are plenty of other games out there that are better since this game is kind of passed its prime now at least for me. However, I still want to get out there and fight certain people in the game and see if I can get my grove on dueling again and I admit I aint even much of a dueler. I would help you certaintly because if I saw you being attacked by some person I would try and fight them off.

Also there is other shards, there might be one that fits your style. I will admit to you there are some jerks in this shard and they are punks that need a beating, but that is part of the game. Looters were part of the game even in t2a yet people killed the ones looting them.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Someone make a database thread with all posts like this one compiled together.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

Boondock_Saint wrote:When I was new I was self sufficient and didn't stand at the bank asking for gold.. Now that I have millions and complete total awesomeness, I stand at the bank and ask for gold.

Come back and play.. people give people stuff all the time. I toss gold to new players, and even take them hunting from time to time. Join a guild like DCT or DG or something rather newbie friendly.
dont you lie! All i see you do is poison food and hand it to ppl at banks!

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

Kander wrote:
Boondock_Saint wrote:When I was new I was self sufficient and didn't stand at the bank asking for gold.. Now that I have millions and complete total awesomeness, I stand at the bank and ask for gold.

dont you lie! All i see you do is poison food and hand it to newbies at banks!
nah to be honest, this shard is 50% care bears and 50% total shady and unfriendly griefers.
you can choose your side
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Charla

Post by Charla »

Sorry to hear this shard isn't to your liking. One thing I had difficult time with, was the unattended macroing. I too thought
people where ignoring me, until I realized they just weren't there. "LOL" You can unattend macro here on many skills, except
resource gathering.
I'm not a PVP type player, unless I need to be, but there are so many things to do here besides fight other players.
Also, since we can have 3 accounts here, ( 15 characters) sometimes it difficult to tell if a person is really a new player
or an alt. character.
Yes, there are jerks and grievers here, but there was in the orig. UO as well. There are also a lot of really nice players here.
And yes, I have been town killed, pked, people have looted my body, but....other people have been very kind to me and very
generous as well. It's truely a mixed bag of personalities and play styles.
Hope you change your mind and give us another try. If not, hope you find a shard to your liking.

Be well and enjoy

Westra

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Kabal wrote:Someone make a database thread with all posts like this one compiled together.
^ :) pls!
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall