Mage Fighter, Armor, and Meditation

Moderator: Support Moderators

lordlp

Mage Fighter, Armor, and Meditation

Post by lordlp »

I've read many guides on this subject and I simply don't have a definitive answer - so wander if you guys can clear a few questions for me.

Armor for PVP mage/Fighter

Who recomends this? I know it hurts meditation but if I need to dance around and/or land a mellee hit getting hit in return seems likely. A little armor might go a long way.

Meditation vs Armor

What's the ideal armor configuration for it? Most guides go by AR but base AR can be modified by magical armor - if so will the extra AR added by it effect meditation or is the flat type of armor the effecting culprit?

Best Combo's -

I realize most of it is on the fly deciding how to best start out a fight.. but what do you recomend? Harm, FS, hit with mellee, release FS? or E-bolt instead of FS? Realizing quick vs a dexxer quick burst dmg is the key to it.. how's the best way of going about it?

Thanks for your help.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Mage Fighter, Armor, and Meditation

Post by Mikel123 »

Meditation is impacted by armor TYPE (i.e. plate, chain, studded, leather, clothes). Magic properties have no impact on meditation ability (either passive or active). I'm not sure plate and chain are differentiated, but I think they are.

If you wear armor for some of a fight, you have to wear armor for ALL of a fight. Since there's 6 pieces, and there's a 1-second action delay, the fastest you can undress is 6 seconds, assuming you don't want to drink a potion, re-arm a weapon, etc, during that time. The trick, if you choose, is that you can just wear a piece of body armor (for example, plate tunic) which will provide coverage to the chest, which gets hit 44% of the time. So if you have a hotkey to put one on and off, that might be feasible. Other helpful items in this case might be female armor, which covers 58% of hits (body and arms).

I have a post somewhere which details meditation rates, but the short of it is that armor really really kills meditation rates, even on a GM Stoic. It's not worth it... much better to use spells and items of Protection, plus things like the Reactive Armor spell, which is way underutilized here.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

My friend had 60 med 41 intelligence, healing without anatomy, macer hybrid with 80 eval and beat Sandro in a no magic no pots 1 vs 1.

Some people can't hang in armor. Others can. 60 med and 41 intelligence imagine that. You get quicker gains in leather. If you had leather sleeves, and gorget while toggling the plate tunic, its no big deal.

Depends on how you play. If its awkward...whatever toss it. Some people just can't get used to it and are mana addicts.

Leather gorget and sleeves (or cap) 50 intel and 100 med is still pretty fast. 95/80/50 stats. *waits for the end of the world 5 hp will cause your character to insta-die especially without a continual supply of fresh mana even with bandages apocalyptic crowd....seek rehab*
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Last time I checked meditation rate was scaled based on your total AR, not the type of armor you are wearing. So even if you're wearing all leather armor (invulnerability) it will still cut your passive med rate down a large amount simply b/c it gives a higher armor rating.

So in theory you could wear a GM metal armor suit which gives less AR, and have a higher passive regeneration rate than you would wearing full (invul) leather armor. Also I believe the type of "metal" (chain/plate) only matter when trying to actively use the skill, which gives you the "regenerative forces cannot penetrate your armor" message.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

That shouldn't be the case. I asked Derrick about this a long time ago. If it is, something is wrong. It is supposed to be totally dependent on armor type not AR.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “New Player Help”