"Evil" Weapons

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

"Evil" Weapons

Post by Roser »

"Evil" Charged weapons cast "Curse" (60.0 magery level) on a target when they are hit with this type of weapon.

This function is working fine, however, there seems to be a problem with the duration of the curse spell. Right now the Evil effects only last about 4 seconds, where as the actual Curse spell lasts 45 seconds (at 100 magery).

4 seconds seems way to short for evil charges.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: "Evil" Weapons

Post by MatronDeWinter »

At some point didn't official UO make it so that resist cut down the duration of debuffs and para?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

MatronDeWinter wrote:At some point didn't official UO make it so that resist cut down the duration of debuffs and para?
age of shadows
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The current time durationof these weapon effect spells are calculated in the same way that the cast spells are. There is a reduction to the duration based on the magic resist of the caster. You should find that on the same target a caster with 60 magery will effect the same duration of the curse spell as anyone hitting that same player with an Evil weapon.

I'm looking into the durations to verify the formulas, but i belive we did have a valid basis for the durations that are in use.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Duration is affected by the "Caster's" resist?

The demo wasn't meant to play against other players was it? I am sure some mechanics were altered to involve only the player experiencing the demo.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Duration is affected by the "Caster's" resist?
Currently is is yet. I'm not sure offhand the basis for that, but there is basis for it.
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:The demo wasn't meant to play against other players was it? I am sure some mechanics were altered to involve only the player experiencing the demo.
No, not much. The demo is a complete era OSI UO Shard circa mid-98. There are very few alterations to it. Most serious issues with it are bugs related to compiling it in Windows vs Unix. The scripts within the demo are complete for their date, and even include some early drafts of T2A features like heat radiation damage.

There are additional scripts within the demo that involve the tutorial, but little that is substantial has been found to be missing or intentionally altered.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."