Dragons auto aggressing their red master....

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
valheru

Dragons auto aggressing their red master....

Post by valheru »

It appears that while dragons auto attack murderers, they do not do the same for their master. I didn't notice this in the documentation for tamers. If a tamer is red, his dragons should attack him just as often as they do for other reds.

:D

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Dragons auto aggressing their red master....

Post by GuardianKnight »

What a horrible thing to do to your guildmates lol.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

i remember hearing something about this, but i dont know much about taming.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There is a loyalty check involved, but they should be aggressive towards any reds, even their matsers.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

valheru

Post by valheru »

It's been tested.

Red tamers seem to lose loyalty faster, but the dragons do NOT auto agress them in the same manner that they do other reds.

Something is up/wrong with this.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

To be fair i have noticed that they aren't attacking reds much at all on their own lately. i sit next to one a day ago and chatted and they didn't do anything.

Month ago i couldn't get 6 dragons in the same screen without them going berserk and fire balling a red.

Noticed kain wasn't doing his Dragon bomb anymore so i assumed that Derrick changed it due to the anger of the pks dieing everytime they went to destard.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

AI was adjusted in a recent patch to fix an issue with fire breathers predictably auto-regressing after being told to stop. All uncommanded pet behavior will be less predictable, however this was not directly in response to any particular situation, but a culmination of pet AI discussions that have been ongoing for many months.

Subject: Patch 114-Sept 8 2009: Hit Locations, Parry AR display, NPCs
Derrick wrote:
  • Pets no longer 'follow' on claim from stables, nor have their order set to 'stay' when stabling
  • Peacemaking breaks provocation
  • Some changes were made to monster pet AI which may reduce the chance of them continually attacking controlled creatures they had fought with previously.
I know the description is less than comprehensive, but complete results of AI parameter changes are not always fully predicatable.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Yeah, they don't particularly seem to care about Reds at all anymore.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Ok i did a test and it seems that the VERY best times for a dragon to attack a pk on it's own is when you haven't commanded it to do anything or it has just finished killing a monster. Otherwise they are ....tame.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Btw i would like to point out that this topic is not dead. Basically turned off the only useful thing a dragon does.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

valheru wrote:It appears that while dragons auto attack murderers, they do not do the same for their master. I didn't notice this in the documentation for tamers. If a tamer is red, his dragons should attack him just as often as they do for other reds.

:D
This is an old thread, but a bug has been found with this and it will be fixed in the next patch, which looks at this point to be Wednesday morning.

Please spread the word that this will be fixed; this is also in the MOTD. I don't want this to come as a surprise to red's who happen to have dragons.

Firebreathers should be agressive to muderers.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Good work Derrick - is this an indication that other taming issues are rising to the top of matters you are considering? ^^

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mens Rea wrote:Good work Derrick - is this an indication that other taming issues are rising to the top of matters you are considering? ^^
Aye, especially the guarding, you'll be please to know as you commented on it elsewhere that the failure messages will be more specific.

It's turned out to be a good thing this patch got delayed for a day as we are re-looking at the ability for a pet owner to be guarded by his own pet in town; there seems to be some conflicting information on this.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Bump, this will take effect tommorrow.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

There was a round about hint about "guild mate"...
does this or did this flag a murderer as a guild mate if the red was guilded rather then as just another PK?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.