URK conquer and siege: feedback

Topics related to Second Age
tanmits

Re: URK conquer and siege: feedback

Post by tanmits »

BlaiseDad wrote:Give up some details on how they can be STOPPED, not just killed for the respawn, and I'll be down there to help that guy out.
Table wall them either safely inside or entirely outside of the home. Either he's pulling them into his own tower or someone else is doing it. A table wall prevents this.
S&S Yew: fully stocked bulk reagents, weapons, armor, explosion traps, and fishing spoils. Also, temporarily carrying POTION KEGS!

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

ok....

I will be 'winning back Cove' between the 23:00 and 24:00 GMT each night i am online see you all there.

just finished tonights hour stand. was magnificant, my orc bashing gained me 1,566gp.
orc bash 1.jpg
orc bash 1.jpg (81.96 KiB) Viewed 1253 times
orc bash 2.jpg
orc bash 2.jpg (29.02 KiB) Viewed 1253 times
oh, and I dedicate these kills to BlaiseDad, cheers

fortin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fortin »

My white wyrms on the boat were totally useless. My wyrms at the urk fort were totally useless and destroyed by the demon very quickly after it took 20 minutes to get them in the fort......I dont think any of my wyrms even killed a player URK yet I am hearing non stop crying in this thread.

I love how it was like 60 players vs 20 URKs and its the TAMERS fault stuff ended so quick...SIGH. I didnt see a single tamer with more than 3-4 dragons/wyrms. Any player URKs were dead long before dragons had any part in it.

Great event and kudos to everyone involved!
Ronk wrote:
Charla wrote: Maybe this would also solve the problem of "too many dragons", why bring five, if one or two will even the playing
Just to be clear, the people who brought lots of dragons did so to grief. They did not do so because they felt they couldn't win due to spawn. Regardless of the spawn (or lack there of in the case of vesper) people will bring hordes of dragons until the spawns and other inaccuracies in regards to tamers are fixed.

It sounds like, however, that in the future, people would be in favor of some sort of anti-dragon 'something'. As ive said, the bloodrock has tamers, we could bring hordes of dragons. But how is it fun for anyone if we sit 40 dragons in the fort instant killing everyone who comes in?
No one brought 40 dragons. No one tried to grief you. You are delusional. Please turn another great thread into your anti-tamer bullshit again. Oh wait too late.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

tanmits wrote:
BlaiseDad wrote:Give up some details on how they can be STOPPED, not just killed for the respawn, and I'll be down there to help that guy out.
Table wall them either safely inside or entirely outside of the home. Either he's pulling them into his own tower or someone else is doing it. A table wall prevents this.
It's a public tower and the vendor on the porch gets no protection from said table-wall.
You're missing the point entirely that the rape-spawn is so out of hand it's flooding outside of Cove.
The residents in the surrounding area shouldn't be plagued by this spawn, simply because Cove was a pit-stop in some grand event.

One or two occasionally, that wander out of town, whatever. Half a dozen or more? Really, I mean come on!
I'm not gonna chant NEA the whole time, but for real, wtf?
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

fortin wrote: No one brought 40 dragons. No one tried to grief you. You are delusional. Please turn another great thread into your anti-tamer bullshit again. Oh wait too late.
You're right, I rewatched the recording. It was 9-10 dragons, 4 of which were initially dropping urks while everyone else rushed. This screenshot was taken at around the 9-10 min mark after the summoning of the goddess Krenbluk.

I also agree, it probably was not intentional griefing. Still, a tamer bringing dragons to an event like this is completely absurd. As ive said, no one would have fun if we parked 10 dragons in our fort killing everyone. It tends to defeat the whole purpose.
Attachments
dragons.jpg
dragons.jpg (90.67 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

tanmits wrote: You're missing the point entirely that the rape-spawn is so out of hand it's flooding outside of Cove.
The residents in the surrounding area shouldn't be plagued by this spawn, simply because Cove was a pit-stop in some grand event.
If you talk to the GM's, they can probably move the spawn back from the gate a little. However, at this point, its been made such a big deal im sure people will be luring spawn there.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Adunaphel

Post by Adunaphel »

Fortin, the point we are trying to make is that tamers bring way too much firepower to the event. The 10 dragons ALONE would have been enough to completely decimate a group of 20 or so melee Urks. Throw 60 or so tank mages in on top, and we're up against a completely ridiculous amount of damage. Please, do not bring fire-hoses to our water balloon fight. Anything more than two or three dragons, total, is so excessively powerful that we really can't do anything except die.

Sultan, I'm sorry to see the spawn screwing with your business. We have no more control over the npc bloodrock orcs than we do any other monsters, so your best bet is probably getting in contact with Derrick and seeing if he'd be willing to help you out =(

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

orc bash 3.jpg
orc bash 3.jpg (33.54 KiB) Viewed 1192 times
Winning Back Cove: Day 2

I have started early tonight and the orc bashing is going well - for now the town is clear and I have raised 2,330gp in the process.

woop woop

Lagrath

Post by Lagrath »

I don't see any way to fix events unless we ban dragons, drakes, and nightmares completely, which I am sure I and anyone else with any creative cells can explain away in a valid RP way in about 5 seconds.

Maybe it's about time people try taming some other creatures for once. It's "animal taming" not "dragon taming." Bring 10 bears or something! It's a damn RP event.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

We'll just bring 10 bears if you just bring 10 orcs.

If i come with 1 dragon and they get swarmed with 4 super orcs and dies, how is it fair to limit what someone else can do?

You basically had town filled with stuff that no ordinary person could kill outright and a boss that apparently would prob not die without the aid of those tamers.

I think all is fair in war.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Brymstone

Post by Brymstone »

The game is meant to be played by all types of classes and players. As long as no one is breaking the rules then I feel tamers should be allowed to take part in shard events.

The unfortunate problem is that there are not enough RPers to make these events a challenge and therefore it's not necessarily the tamers fault that they tend to dominate an Urk/UWL event. Even with allied spawn it really isn't a fair fight as most players can simply weave in and out of the spawn that fails to aggro most of the time. Maybe making the spawn quicker and a little more aggressive would help?

The sad solution to this would be to have the Urks and guilds like UWL employ their own tamers and field dragons of their own. I know the Urks don't normally use tamers as it's not something they tend to invest in due to they're mainly set up as a hit and run type raiding group. This doesn't mean that an industrious Urk shouldn't take up the mantle of "Chief Worg Handler" and tame a ton of dire wolves or hellhounds to throw as fodder against their enemies.

The UWL is a bit out of luck if they want to maintain the RP aspect of their raids and defensive battles, there really isn't a creature that would be appropriate for the undead to bring to a siege or graveyard stomp, unless a herd of nightmares can be let loose in a GY. (Necromancy would be AWESOME in a situation like this, but hardly T2A accurate :( )

URK/UWL tactics and numbers is probably going to have to get better if RP events are going to be successful and for the most part enjoyable for all parties involved.
Last edited by Brymstone on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lagrath

Post by Lagrath »

GK, outnumbering the enemy 3:1, having way more mages, having way better toons overwhelmingly, having way better gear overwhelmingly all >>>>> some good ork npcs spawning

Adunaphel

Post by Adunaphel »

Brymstone wrote:
URK/UWL tactics and numbers is probably going to have to get better if RP events are going to be successful and for the most part enjoyable for all parties involved.
Numbers are going to have to improve dramatically if we're expected to fend off multiple dragons on top of whoever shows up to an event. Our only viable strategy to combat this sort of thing is to attempt to gate any pets out, which would have been impossible in the case of the fort siege due to the number of invaders they would have been stuck behind.

If we go the "kill the tamer" route, well, then we've got 10 very large idle dragons cluttering the scene for everyone else.

I don't want to hate on tamers here, so how exactly do we come to a happy medium? It isn't fun for anyone involved if one side gets steamrolled within minutes.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Adunaphel wrote:
Brymstone wrote:
Numbers are going to have to improve dramatically if we're expected to fend off multiple dragons on top of whoever shows up to an event. Our only viable strategy to combat this sort of thing is to attempt to gate any pets out, which would have been impossible in the case of the fort siege due to the number of invaders they would have been stuck behind.

If we go the "kill the tamer" route, well, then we've got 10 very large idle dragons cluttering the scene for everyone else.

I don't want to hate on tamers here, so how exactly do we come to a happy medium? It isn't fun for anyone involved if one side gets steamrolled within minutes.

Don't fret. The only reason tamers did that instead of farming in a dungeon was because orcs had taken 2 cities and were threatening to take a 3rd. Skara and Vesper are popular areas for tamers to bank. The threat of losing again due to a hidden timer was not something the people were going to let happen again.

First thought when a spawn attacks a town is.....fight the spawn. No one starts out thinking that they need to kill people to win. They expect to kill a bunch of spawn and then a boss appears and then it ends. The way the event went basicallly ensured that when a town invasion happens, people aren't going to take chances anymore.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Brymstone

Post by Brymstone »

Sad but true, this is the problem with RP events on a shard that is rife with those that don't enjoy the challenge of RPing an event but would rather achieve victory by any means necessary for their endless pursuit of pixel crack.

Mention trophies and it's balls to the wall overkill, you have RPers hosting an event that non-RPers are going to attend. This is why RP events on this shard will consistently suck and be a disappointment for the RPers involved.

RPers will have to plan on people bringing everything, including the kitchen sink if they think it will provide them the means to get one of them-thar shiny trophies. That's why I don't think offering rewards such as trophies and other pixelated forms of eye-candy should be included in RP events. People that show up to these events should do so for the fun of it, nothing more.

For the URKS and RP guilds like UWL, hopefully as a community we can put our heads together and come up with a better more effective way of hosting these events. I'm not sure what the answer is but I'm fairly certain there's a sneaky tactician within the ranks of the URKs and UWL that might have a few ideas. :wink: