Unique Creature Spawns

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Unique Creature Spawns

Post by dren »

I found these in the Hunters section on stratics from Oct 1999.
http://web.archive.org/web/199902181015 ... m/hunters/
I think some of these are shard/time period specific, but I think it would be interesting to have a good number of these spawn periodically on our server. I'll highlight some that I'd like to see without going into too much detail.

- Basilisk
- Black Lich
The numbers are behind the stone chair here, for this Lich, but I've never seen the Lich on this server.
- Chaos & Order Dragons
- Death Elemental
- Death Vortex
- Death Willow
- Doom Tree
- Easter Bunny
(Easter Only/Napa Valley)
- Etheral Elemental
- Father of the Damned
- Flesh Elemental
- Harpy Hen
- Headless Mage
- Iron Elemental
- Ivory Serpent
- Lizard Warlord
- Llama Vortex
- Ogre Magi
I remember these guys, "Many of the hard working magicians and alchemists that tend to an old mage shop, located southwest of Trinsic and nestled within a valley, were slain in a most brutal manner by what seemed to be a group of ogre magi. "
- Orcish Arrow Slinger
- Poison Dragon
- Rust Elemental
Rumors say the Rust Elemental looks like an orange skeleton. It is rumored to destroy, or do great damage, to all weapons and armor it touches.
- Soul Slave
- Spirit Warrior
- Stone Idol
- Swamp Elemental
- Warlord Ettin
- White Hart
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Unique Creature Spawns

Post by Roser »

Those are all legit.

It would be nice to see these creatures on a rare spawn timer in the world.
That page even has their accurate locations and some loot.

I know I've seen Father of the Damned a few times at event's.

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

dren wrote:- Llama Vortex
We have that. It's something that happens to an energy vortex very rarely. I'm not sure of the chances of it happening, but it's very low.

The only time I've seen it happen, its name was changed to "a mystic llama herder" or something like that.

I've been playing UOSA for a year and have only seen it once.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

Atraxi wrote:
We have that. It's something that happens to an energy vortex very rarely. I'm not sure of the chances of it happening, but it's very low.

The only time I've seen it happen, its name was changed to "a mystic llama herder" or something like that.

afaik, a mystical llama herder is the name of a blade spirit with a paperdoll that can be accessed occasionally. The purple llamas (which I have cast 4 times so far in a year playing here) have the standard energy vortex name, but have the visuals of a llama the same hue as an EV.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

fox_phyre wrote:
Atraxi wrote:

afaik, a mystical llama herder is the name of a blade spirit with a paperdoll that can be accessed occasionally. The purple llamas (which I have cast 4 times so far in a year playing here) have the standard energy vortex name, but have the visuals of a llama the same hue as an EV.
Well, mine was kinda odd. It spawned as a regular EV, then went off screen. Then I saw "a mystic llama herder" in red on the edge of the screen, so I went to investigate, and when I got there, I saw the purple llama just before it vanished. So based on what I did witness, I assumed that it changed to the llama when it went off screen, but I'm not sure, since it hasn't happened since. Idk if that was my EV or not, but I was the only person around (to my knowledge) so I would assume that it was.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

rouss

Post by rouss »

oh remember that rumor regarding "3-4-1-5" note in covetous? :)

like, if you spell them out, black lich wouldnt attack you. never seen them in game, but they definately did exist.

ps, Derrick please implement them! :D
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

rouss

Post by rouss »

Oh and by the way
I clicked on it and it identified itself as a Basilisk. It moved VERY fast and wasted no time shooting a fireball at me (it makes the same sound as a Dragon or a Drake shooting a fireball). I wear full plate which increased the damage of the fireball which did 20%.
Dated march 1999. I'm not sure if we have this effect here. Do we?
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Atraxi wrote:Well, mine was kinda odd. It spawned as a regular EV, then went off screen. Then I saw "a mystic llama herder" in red on the edge of the screen, so I went to investigate, and when I got there, I saw the purple llama just before it vanished. So based on what I did witness, I assumed that it changed to the llama when it went off screen, but I'm not sure, since it hasn't happened since. Idk if that was my EV or not, but I was the only person around (to my knowledge) so I would assume that it was.
The llama vortex just spawns as a purple llama, and is named "an energy vortex". There is nothing special about the vortex other than the different skin. I've read they are 1/1000, but I think they are more common than that. I have seen plenty on UOSA.

If you double click a bladespirit, it's paperdoll says "a blade spirit the mystic llama herder".
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

occasionally blade spirits would spawn with the name "a mystic llama herder" as well as the title on all of them.

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

bump, lets get some era accurate unique creature spawns
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I would love it if the staff would just manually spawn some of these totally random in undisclosed locations.

This would prevent the inevitible farming of these spawns, no matter how rare.
While also making it a bit more randomly exciting in the world :)
Est Sularus oth Mithas

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

rouss wrote:oh remember that rumor regarding "3-4-1-5" note in covetous? :)

like, if you spell them out, black lich wouldnt attack you. never seen them in game, but they definately did exist.

ps, Derrick please implement them! :D
Pretty sure you still get this message by default in runuo when you walk by one of the ruined paintings near the lich spawn in covetous

A Skilled Midget

Post by A Skilled Midget »

BUMP! These would add a new flavor to the server. And considering they seem to be era acc. I would love to see them added. Good work Dren.

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

Would be interesting to see these critters.

The only problem with era accuracy, and a big one, is that eventually the shard loses flavour. Kudos to all those who put on events, it's a big help!