Newb got questions

Moderator: Support Moderators

Soraia

Newb got questions

Post by Soraia »

Hi,

so, I started today and I am confused. I read some posts here and wanted to begin on my skills. Making me a makro for music and peacemaking first. Then I thaught, searching some sheep, as a tailor, it would be helpful to get my hands on some wool.
So, I am standing in Britain and searched the sheeps. I even looked into the forum and asked other players.

The answers I got:
-no sheeps in Britain
-go the Yhew
-use a runelibrary
-use the moongate
-Hey, you look like a newb with that 75 bugs in your bag, I cant steal from you...
-etc etc

Ok, so I tried to use the moongate and gotten even more confused without the moongate-menue. I dont have a clue, where it leaded me to.

Now, my questions:
How do I use the moongate to get to Yhew?
How do I find a runelibrary?

Thank you so much
Sora

iamreallysquall

Re: Newb got questions

Post by iamreallysquall »

the brit moongate has a public rune tower just north of it. as far as how the gates function its fairly random its based of the moon phases. http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Moongates_Travel
if you don't know your way around you might want to use uoam.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

OneEyedJack
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OneEyedJack »

Britain is your numer one griefing town... my advise for new players is to stay the heck out of it. If you want good helpful information I'd advise jumping on IRC and asking in the main room - ( irc://irc.wildirc.net:6667/secondage ) Is the quick link to main chat. As for the moongates, they're unpredictable. Even with the moon schedule you'll waste more time trying to figure out where it's going to send you than if you just jump in it. If you single click on the gate it'll give you a description of where it'll dump you, but again it's easy to just jump in it. Once you're through and completely lost check UO AutoMap to see where it left you. If you're still lost... IRC for backup I guess haha. If you ever have any questions feel free to PM me here or if I'm on IRC shoot a message to EarOfTin.

ariok

Post by ariok »

I have some starting equip and other stuff, let me know if you need any help. My AIM is tricks4kidz and icq is 151285192 and in IRC im Sir Dire.
<FishTaco> Blizz forums are the absolute worst place to find help
<chainsoar> yeah because they're full of people who think WoW is a good game

Return to “New Player Help”