random skill go up

Moderator: Support Moderators

Cheech

random skill go up

Post by Cheech »

how come random skill like lets say lockpicking go up even if their set to go down im almost at skill cap because of this after one night of macro do i have to train them in order for them to go down

iamreallysquall

Re: random skill go up

Post by iamreallysquall »

first i would just like to check if you used using http://download.uosecondage.com/UOSA_Client_Setup.exe for hell of it and if you are it says customized 5083 patch 204 at the login screen.

if a skill is pointed down if i am not mistaken it wont start going down til you infact hit the cap.

hitting the cap helps you gain your stats very very quickly using this method Dex from snooping Str + int from looping herding x10 times then using 1 spirit speak (arguably the best as it requires 0 resources and at skill cap takes what 2 hours )
see here for the method http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Stats
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Cheech

Post by Cheech »

iamreallysquall wrote:first i would just like to check if you used using http://download.uosecondage.com/UOSA_Client_Setup.exe for hell of it and if you are it says customized 5083 patch 204 at the login screen.

you got me confuse with that part but kinda nice to know that those skill are gonna go down when i hit the cap cause ive been macroing a lil bit and im alrdy a 550 total

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You are probably looking at the "shown" skill which is modified by your stats. I would be willing to wager that each skill marked down that has increased, has only done so my a very small degree. When your stats increase from training whatever skill you are training, the skills associated with each stat will increase as well. However, this quantity of skill does not count towards your allotted amount of 700.0.

View your skills through the Paperdoll menu and be sure to check show real.

For instance, suppose you have a character with 7 skills at 100. Assuming that snooping is not one of the skills, with 25 dexterity you will see that the "shown" value for snooping is around 10 or something, while the "real" value is 0. With 100 dex on the same character, you will likely see a shown value of around 30 for the snooping skill when the "real" value is 0. The reason for this is that during lower skill levels characters stats will effect their proficiency in certain skills. You would expect a stronger lumberjack to outperform a weaker one given the same lumberjack skill right? Once any skill nears the GM (100) level, these bonuses tend to grow smaller and smaller until the GM level when the real skill is equal to the shown skill.

Return to “New Player Help”