breaking into houses

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
bluntman

breaking into houses

Post by bluntman »

http://uohoc.stratics.com/logs/1998-02-12-log.shtml

DenDragon - I'd like to bring up the ballot topics over at the UOHoC--these are topics which we felt to be a primary concern...
DenDragon - WThe first of which is the issue of House Security
DenDragon - Most players seem to prefer houses to be totally secure, except for those with 100% lockpicking skill
DenDragon - who would have a chance of breaking into houses
DenDragon - We had about 3000 votes on this topic
DenDragon - About 70% agreed that this should be the case
DenDragon - 20% thought they should be totally secure from intrusion
DenDragon - what are your plans in this area?
DesignerD - We are looking into methods of house defense, including lock changing, etc.
DesignerD - We don't have a concrete plan yet because we've been focusing on other issues, such as lag.
DesignerD - Stormwind and I are supposed to work up a plan for it over the next week or so Stormwynd> :-)
DesignerD - I suspect that the sorts of things we have talked about (which range from guard hirelings, archer towers, guard animals, drawbridges, password protections, moats with monsters in 'em...) will please people :)

i like the idea of breaking into peoples houses with lockpicking, would make another reason to pick up the skill and more reason to secure youre house

Abyss

Re: breaking into houses

Post by Abyss »

Any player that agrees with 100% secure houses need to rethink what era they are playing in. Any player can secure their house 100% by building table walls correctly and detecting everytime they move their trash barrel. If you have a locked house with no table wall you deserve to have all your stuff taken for being lazy. No one is immune to having their key stolen or looted.
KINDRED OF NETH'ROKK[/center]

Joshua Lee

Post by Joshua Lee »

Abyss wrote:Any player that agrees with 100% secure houses need to rethink what era they are playing in. Any player can secure their house 100% by building table walls correctly and detecting everytime they move their trash barrel. If you have a locked house with no table wall you deserve to have all your stuff taken for being lazy. No one is immune to having their key stolen or looted.
I concur.
A mirror reflecting a mirror that shines through a prism of paradoxes after shocking breakthroughs that elevate to a higher level of consciousness that radiates the soul energy being burned with passion.

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

Know how many features were discussed over the years in HoC chats? I can sight some of my own questions in them where the answers never came about in game.

Siting a House of Commons log is like reporting news based on the Inquirer.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Just a small note: these early HoC chats, and many other HoC chats were only about ideas. Most of them never actually got to see publish on the live servers, and some even made it to the test servers (if you read the chats, there was a planned overhaul for Alchemy that was on test that included invisibility potions, and the planned release of Necromancy was also discussed several times). This particular HoC chat was among the first 4 private HoC chats where many ideas were pitched around, and was conducted in early 98. Regardless of whether these ideas saw any in-game application or not, it's clear that the system being discussed was made null and void with the introduction of the new housing system in November of 98 and the ensuing lock downs.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org