On blessed items

Topics related to Second Age
Psilo

Re: On blessed items

Post by Psilo »

Matty wrote:"Why is it that many pvpers will sit at the Brit GY entrance close to town protection all day but are too afraid to stand around in a dungeon as prey?"

i'll agree dungeons were heavier populated-- when i see a place live cove liches empty after 5 or 6 runs throughout the day, it saddens me a little-- but brit GY zone hugging was always a part of the game. i don't think CTF or tournies affect dungeon population; it's just the server populatrion.

I see people there sometimes, heh. Yew Lich Ruins are more popular from what I've seen.
Last edited by Psilo on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

bump for breakable items
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

Psilo wrote:I will gladly give up my blessed clothing for some 100% raw UO. No instances, no CTF, no automated tourneys.

I want to see more player-ran tourneys, more action in dungeons, more townies fighting in Brit and Vesper. People who think there isn't action outside of tourney/ GY are wrong. Sure it's not all-day but it happens more regularly than many think, in dungeons and forests around hotspots/destard. Sometimes a fight can be happening 2 screens away in the woods and in an isometric game you won't know.
i think the population is a big setback in terms of what you're asking for but no more than your style of gameplay does.

you could have not spent millions or whatever it cost on a decorative player item,
and encouraged or held these events you spoke of.
but for some people a fancy mask is what makes the game.

people are too worried about losing their leet weps, when its a freaking player run server in the first place.
it's not like you can cash out on ebay like you could 10+ years ago...
i really don't see the point to vanity items AT ALL.
if you're freaking loaded, do something for the noobs, do something creative.

long story short, who cares about my items, who cares about yours.
we need to encourage new players and events more than stupid vanity items.
most of the "veteran players" around here are rich pk's who have no original ideas.
and are eating up AWESOME land spots that people would be using to vendor, live, guild, etc.

more people need to realize its just a freaking game.
have fun, take things less serious and spread your wealth you greedy bastards.
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

ehafh wrote: if you're freaking loaded, do something for the noobs, do something creative.
I believe what you intended to say was, "If you're freaking loaded, carry as much gold as possible on you and head to the Bloodrock fort and call the urks umies."
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Clyde-

Post by Clyde- »

Pied Piper wrote:I won't care. I play because I like the game not the people. 90% of the ppl in this game are POS so good bye and good riddance.
Then why don't you go open your own server and play by yourself. Tell me how much fun it is playing all by yourself. Regardless of how shitty or idiotic or annoying our playerbase may be, you need player interaction to enjoy this game. It's a social game and with out the social interaction there is a serious missing element that makes this game what it is. Stop being a hardass about everything.
-cr3w-

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Clyde- wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:I won't care. I play because I like the game not the people. 90% of the ppl in this game are POS so good bye and good riddance.
Then why don't you go open your own server and play by yourself. Tell me how much fun it is playing all by yourself. Regardless of how shitty or idiotic or annoying our playerbase may be, you need player interaction to enjoy this game. It's a social game and with out the social interaction there is a serious missing element that makes this game what it is. Stop being a hardass about everything.
90% not 100%. I do play with ppl...you know...the ones that are not socio paths and don't need professional help.

Having a handful of pixel nerds leave will in no means hurt the shard. It will actually make it better because they are some of the very ones with deep mental health issues.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I don't understand what all the personal attacks are about. It's a matter of era-accuracy, there is really nothing up for debate here. These items should be breakable, and if not, then katanas and other non-gf'd items should be reverted to their grandfathered status.

iamreallysquall

MatronDeWinter wrote:I don't understand what all the personal attacks are about. It's a matter of era-accuracy, there is really nothing up for debate here.
i was just reading this thread and had came to the same conclusion.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I don't understand what all the personal attacks are about. It's a matter of era-accuracy, there is really nothing up for debate here. These items should be breakable, and if not, then katanas and other non-gf'd items should be reverted to their grandfathered status.
Sociopaths have a hard time attacking the issue. Instead they attack the poster. It's mental illness.

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

Pied Piper wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:I don't understand what all the personal attacks are about. It's a matter of era-accuracy, there is really nothing up for debate here. These items should be breakable, and if not, then katanas and other non-gf'd items should be reverted to their grandfathered status.
Sociopaths have a hard time attacking the issue. Instead they attack the poster. It's mental illness.

what school did you get your masters in psychology from?
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers

iamreallysquall

bump for breakable blessed items

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Kaivan wrote:
iamantitype wrote:So wait, there were no records of posts being deleted in that thread, and now suddenly there are?

Why not just be straight up and tell the player base that GF items are going to start breaking soon?
There were posts in a different thread that were deleted. Not the one that was linked. Additionally, the deletions were not targeted at any one person due to the fact that 3 different deletions happened within 60 seconds of each other, followed by the thread itself being deleted a short while later.
To be blunt I deleted the thread because I had some things pop up IRL that would keep me away from monitoring it.

Anytime anyone sells anything related to a GF'd item there is a huge backlash from the same people...I understand you do not agree with how the items function or whatever but the "trade" forums are not the place to discuss it. The same reasons cited when I deleted the posts.

You guys need to get a new topic to harp about....

And stop taking these "rumors in ventrilo" so seriously...this is like the 3rd time I've heard people citing "facts" from someone they heard talking in vent.

Lol, really?
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink: