3 accounts per IP question

egamretsam

3 accounts per IP question

Post by egamretsam »

I had a question regarding the 3 account limit per IP. Both me and my brother play in the same household. However, the twist is we have both DSL and CABLE connection. I have two accounts while my brother has one on our cable connection. We found out about the 3 account limit after we started making accounts so the accounts were not distributed evenly.

My question is, if I plug in the DSL connection and proceed to create 3 more accounts so we both have 3 a piece, then log in with them (the accounts created using the DSL connection) while connected to my cable connection, will this be violating the 3 account rule?

I am asking first so I don't cause any disruption to the system ;] Please let me know, thanks.

Derrick

Re: 3 accounts per IP question

Post by Derrick »

The three account rule is per person not per IP, you're welcome to make the addional accounts.

egamretsam

Post by egamretsam »

wonderful ;]

Vandaen

Post by Vandaen »

I have a separate question regarding the same topic:

When the test server was up for the archery/swing delay changes, I logged in on it with a new account. I already have two live server accounts. Does this test account go against my 3 account limit, i.e. is it created on the live server as well or am I able to create a new one without breaking the rules?

Just asking before I do so. I don't want to try anything yet in case of violation of terms of service/rules/whatever, as I don't know how the test server account system works and can't find any documentation on it.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Vandaen wrote:I have a separate question regarding the same topic:

When the test server was up for the archery/swing delay changes, I logged in on it with a new account. I already have two live server accounts. Does this test account go against my 3 account limit, i.e. is it created on the live server as well or am I able to create a new one without breaking the rules?

Just asking before I do so. I don't want to try anything yet in case of violation of terms of service/rules/whatever, as I don't know how the test server account system works and can't find any documentation on it.
No the test server is completly seperate from the live server, it only has a copy of the acount database.

Waldo

Post by Waldo »

We have 5 players in our household all connected thro a router (same ip), but only able to create 3 accounts :x I get the.. there is some problem communicating with origin message.

Are we limited to 3 or not any help be appreciated

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

You are limited to creating only three automaticly from and one ip address. If there are additional people at that IP address, please contact Maahes or I directly in IRC, Game or Forums and we'll try and get the aditional people hooked up.