Tamed animal 'decay'

Moderator: Support Moderators

WiseOne

Tamed animal 'decay'

Post by WiseOne »

Just wondering if someone has or can point me to any information about the rate of animal 'decay'. I noticed that on one roof sheep seem to last very long, up to 8 hours between sheers while on another roof They don't even last half of that time. These are tamed sheep that went eventually decided they are too good for me. :D
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Sandro

Re: Tamed animal 'decay'

Post by Sandro »

If im not mistaken, any animals tamed or not will decay in a house within 20 hours if they are not targeted/attacked.

Basically what I did when I had my farm was I would mass curse them once a day. Worked flawlessly until the day I forgot and they all decayed :D
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Thanks for the great idea. I am still perplexed though because I sheered them late at night a few hours before the server restart and they were gone in the morning a few hours after the restart. The area was completely secured with lock downs in an empty tower.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Only a keep & a secure cy castle are safe from earthquake. If you had your sheep in a tower then most likely somebody found them and killed them with eq.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Sandro wrote:Only a keep & a secure cy castle are safe from earthquake. If you had your sheep in a tower then most likely somebody found them and killed them with eq.
Pretty sure that is what happened. cA has a "thing" for sheep and rubber boots...

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Sheep were secure behind locked down tables that separated 2 spots away from any accessible wall. Doubt couldn't have stealthed I detect hidden every time after I lock/close the door from inside. And the tower is empty so the only reason to camp would be the sheep. I guess I could take more drastic security measures and put blockades at the front door and on every floor lol. thanks guys.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

WiseOne wrote:Sheep were secure behind locked down tables that separated 2 spots away from any accessible wall. Doubt couldn't have stealthed I detect hidden every time after I lock/close the door from inside. And the tower is empty so the only reason to camp would be the sheep. I guess I could take more drastic security measures and put blockades at the front door and on every floor lol. thanks guys.
EQ reaches up to 8 tiles away from the caster, and considering a tower is only 16x14, you can pretty much assume there is no such thing as a 'safe EQ spot' within a tower.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I thought you can't cast onto areas that have a locked down table barrier in the way.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

You don't target anything when casting EQ; just stand by the outer wall of a home and cast it.

You should test out your tower yourself by setting up your sheep farm and casting EQ around the outside to see for yourself.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

That is a good idea. Thanks buddy.

Cheers
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Return to “New Player Help”