neutral
16%
bad
23%

Total votes: 104

Bakishwaka

Re: cA: GOOD OR BAD

Post by Bakishwaka »

noxmonk wrote:a-blah blah, a blah blah blah blah drop in the freshmen fallacy a blah blah blah
you should be in government sir.

nonsense

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Your response ignores my main point, ignores the NEUTRAL option and shows a failure to understand exactly what an ad hominem argument is. (An insult is not always an ad hominem argument.) In fairness though, few people seem to understand it.

I guess I should take my own advice and quit now. Again, there is no reason to respond to these posts: We are era accurate. We don't need to apologize to anyone.

I bet dollars to donuts this gets put in the trash talk before this time tomorrow!

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

chumbucket wrote:Your response ignores my main point, ignores the NEUTRAL option and shows a failure to understand exactly what an ad hominem argument is. (An insult is not always an ad hominem argument.) In fairness though, few people seem to understand it.
I took as an argument against my position because I don't speak like a forum retard, thus debasing my position. Mixing insult with debate is, however, never a wise decision. Although colloquially speaking, I would be correct, not that a colloquial term really embodies the the true intention of the original.

I wasn't really interested in the neutral part of your argument, it's provided sure but the degree to which it extends is not really articulated in the question posed that presents the poll. I never said the options are poor. I said the extremes to which the poll question was posed, invalidates the poll. This poll would not stand up to any measured standard of conducting a poll.
chumbucket wrote: I guess I should take my own advice and quit now. Again, there is no reason to respond to these posts: We are era accurate. We don't need to apologize to anyone.
No one is saying you aren't, or you need to. All I stated was that in all likelihood you and your group have caused more players to leave the shard then join it based solely off of your decisions and actions. There's no shame in saying you're not interested in bring players and would rather make people angry. It's honest if nothing else.

Enjoy the TT Forums!
Last edited by noxmonk on Fri May 29, 2009 4:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bakishwaka

Post by Bakishwaka »

chumbucket wrote:Your response ignores my main point, ignores the NEUTRAL option and shows a failure to understand exactly what an ad hominem argument is. (An insult is not always an ad hominem argument.) In fairness though, few people seem to understand it.

I guess I should take my own advice and quit now. Again, there is no reason to respond to these posts: We are era accurate. We don't need to apologize to anyone.

I bet dollars to donuts this gets put in the trash talk before this time tomorrow!
I kind of thought it might :mrgreen:
noxmonk wrote:I took as an argument against my position because I don't speak like a forum retard, thus debasing my position. Mixing insult with debate is, however, never a wise decision.
you jumped on your silly ad hom business because some very valid points were made by both chum and i (but articulated by chum much better .. he is a bard after all) and you had nothing to come back with.

weak chips.

regardless, the forum has spoken
The effect of cA on this shard
GOOD
NEUTRAL
BAD

the three most balanced options OUT THERE

mostly good. (which is not bad for a group of theives!)

the end

jimmybones

Post by jimmybones »

chumbucket wrote:
I R NEW DONUTS PLZ!

Painkiller

Post by Painkiller »

I think cA are swell buncha fella's we need more like them.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

We've been ruining the shard for most of its existence!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

chumbucket wrote: I bet dollars to donuts this gets put in the trash talk before this time tomorrow!
You owe us some dollars, or donuts, not really sure which exactly.

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

cA is full of good folks.
losing items and risk is part of what makes UO so fun and unique.
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

All criminals are bad and must be dealt Justice.

random guy

Post by random guy »

cA is great..They keep everyone in their toes. :mrgreen:

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I don't know about YOU guys.....but I LOVE being IN someone's toes!
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Brules

Post by Brules »

cA is a shadow of it's former self.....yes, they used to terrorize the shard and were a menace to everyone, but no longer.

:(

I miss them terribad. They were fun to be terrorized by!

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

less good then POO but still gooder than most