Mount Inaccuracy

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Omnicron

Re: Mount Inaccuracy

Post by Omnicron »

Guerrilla wrote:splendid concept, let's find some "prrof"

I myself, don't remember the random all follow me, statements, it did seem that you could run alot further back in the day before feeding the steed.
At first I did argue the all follow me bug but after doing some reading realized that it were true. I am 80% sure of the monster auto attacking upon dismount. I could be wrong.

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

Omnicron wrote:
Guerrilla wrote:splendid concept, let's find some "prrof"

I myself, don't remember the random all follow me, statements, it did seem that you could run alot further back in the day before feeding the steed.
At first I did argue the all follow me bug but after doing some reading realized that it were true. I am 80% sure of the monster auto attacking upon dismount. I could be wrong.

I have searched far and wide for information about the auto attack upon dismount bug. Apparently the bug was so insignificant no one bothered to write any information about it. The more purified water I drink the higher the percentage of my thinking that this was accurate to the era. alas...

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Omnicron wrote:I have searched far and wide for information about the auto attack upon dismount bug. Apparently the bug was so insignificant no one bothered to write any information about it. The more purified water I drink the higher the percentage of my thinking that this was accurate to the era. alas...
One thing that strikes me about your recollection is that maybe dismounting cause the monster to notice movement. Some creatures, such as daemons, balrons, Attack immediately when a player comes in range.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

Derrick wrote:
Omnicron wrote:I have searched far and wide for information about the auto attack upon dismount bug. Apparently the bug was so insignificant no one bothered to write any information about it. The more purified water I drink the higher the percentage of my thinking that this was accurate to the era. alas...
One thing that strikes me about your recollection is that maybe dismounting cause the monster to notice movement. Some creatures, such as daemons, balrons, Attack immediately when a player comes in range.

Flashbacks of it happening while I was fighting around npc mages. :P

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I haven't done any research as to which era this occurred in, but at one point dismounting would cause players to be unattackable. Monsters wouldn't aggro onto anything that was "stacked", such as two players or a player and his mount. Was very convenient in dungeons, particularly when gating or camping spawns.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Malaikat wrote:I haven't done any research as to which era this occurred in, but at one point dismounting would cause players to be unattackable. Monsters wouldn't aggro onto anything that was "stacked", such as two players or a player and his mount. Was very convenient in dungeons, particularly when gating or camping spawns.
Aye, this has been noted elsewhere as well, but the timeframe for it hasn't really been pinned down.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

Ronk wrote:Novemeber 1, 1998:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... 854034e289
If you disconnect in the middle of a fight, beware that you will reconnect still
in combat mode, and you will likely dismount when reconnecting. Your first
impulse is to remount, which requires the same double-click as an attack, and
will thus end up attacking your horse.

NICE! How long did you look for this?