Nightmares "falling over" when casting fireball

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Nightmares "falling over" when casting fireball

Post by Quin the Wretch »

Mikel123 wrote:My hunch is that because the two people who remember this either

(a) also "remember" tame ancient wyrms teleporting around
or
yea it was posted either uopowergamers or stratics during UOR/ 3D time. It was a post with screens that def showed 2 pks and an AW morphed into "a mystic llama herder" The poster said he had been 2 shotted by what he thought was a player until he open the paperdoll and saw it was an AW.

Take it for what its worth I dont have night and day to spend looking for a decade old archived post that may no longer exist.

As far as wild AWs simply morphing into llama herders this isnt even a question. Anyone who ever farmed them evenly moderately saw this.

Tame AWs in T2A shouldnt be a question given EA felt it necessary to post about them being illegal.

once you accept the above as possible the tame/morph/tele thing is only a step away.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

As far as WW or Drags morphing maybe... but I farmed the hell out of them and never once saw that. Id believe WW before Id believe drags though.
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous

Razzamanazz

Post by Razzamanazz »

Mikel123 wrote:
tekai wrote:Why is the poly thing being completly shot down though? it did happen.
My hunch is that because the two people who remember this either

(a) also "remember" tame ancient wyrms teleporting around
or
(b) said they'd get more information but only came up with screenshots from late 2000 of a white wyrm polymorphing
I used to take new guild members down to the ancient wyrm room whenever they would ask me what the strongest mob in the game was and it was in human form quite often and also could teleport. I have vivid memories of apologizing to guildmates who got mascaraed because I got cocky and left the little safe ledge and died from a teleport claw attack.

This was on Great Lakes though I'm not sure exactly when. I quit UO about 6 months after they implemented skill locking so whenever that was I guess...

Edit, these were obviously wild AWs teleporting. GL didn't have any tame AWs that I was aware of though LS had one for sure but GMs wouldn't let the guy use it.

Rhis

Post by Rhis »

Ancient wyrms and white wyrms could cast polymorph in this era by default. ~Some~ trained dragons could also cast it as well as the other 7th circle spells. For whatever reason, not all dragons could be trained up high enough in magery.

Ancient wyrms were also tameable in the t2a era for a few hours only following one of the patches.