Revealing Hiders/Invis w Pots and Detect vs Invis spell

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Eaglestaff

Revealing Hiders/Invis w Pots and Detect vs Invis spell

Post by Eaglestaff »

I remembered revealing hiders w pots back in the day but i don't recall if it unhid them or they just unhid themselves because they were under attack. My memory leans toward the former. Currently pots do not reveal hiders.

Also, I had revealed someone who was invis with a char that had zero detect skill. I know detect checks hiding skill for success but in the case of invisibility it would seem logical that it would check their magery skill. I'm guessing the reason I was able to reveal them with a char w zero detect is because the mage had zero hiding skill.

Alex the Artist

Re: Revealing Hiders/Invis w Pots and Detect vs Invis spell

Post by Alex the Artist »

Explosion potions would reveal people when you were standing next to them. You potion damages them and they auto attack back, with reveals them. If you are not standing next to them, it won't reveal them.

If you were in your house when you were detecting, you always succeed. If not, then dunno. Maybe you were just really really lucky.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

You can use field spells too I believe
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

I believe you should be able to reveal a mage who uses the invisibility spell, assuming they have 0 hiding, with zero detect. Of course, the area of detect is extremely small (1 square?) with 0 detect. In essence, if I saw a mage cast invis to hide, I could click detect on that spot and reveal him.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Detect Hidden. One of the best uses of an Explosion potion is it's ability to flush players out of hiding. If you're being attacked by a pk who hides every other hit, find where he is hiding and drop one at his feet. It will both damage him AND reveal his location. This is also useful against looters and thieves. Also, Explosion potions work very well because of being an area effect explosion to hit multiple targets if they are in range which is VERY useful in a PvP situation such as a guild war.
http://web.archive.org/web/200001181608 ... osion.html

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

Ronk wrote:I believe you should be able to reveal a mage who uses the invisibility spell, assuming they have 0 hiding, with zero detect. Of course, the area of detect is extremely small (1 square?) with 0 detect. In essence, if I saw a mage cast invis to hide, I could click detect on that spot and reveal him.

while you could detect them It has the same chances pretty much of trying to hide with zero skill. Back on Great Lakes I trained detect off of mages casting invised. I couldn't reveal them 100% until about high thirties to mid forties.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

Hemperor wrote:
Detect Hidden. One of the best uses of an Explosion potion is it's ability to flush players out of hiding. If you're being attacked by a pk who hides every other hit, find where he is hiding and drop one at his feet. It will both damage him AND reveal his location. This is also useful against looters and thieves. Also, Explosion potions work very well because of being an area effect explosion to hit multiple targets if they are in range which is VERY useful in a PvP situation such as a guild war.
http://web.archive.org/web/200001181608 ... osion.html
I use to think hiding was dmg based while under attack. Not sure about that though. I know I would get gped or dped at times and would start a bandage then hide. While hidden the poison message would show up in the corner like a system message until about the second or third tic when it would reveal me.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

i think you need 14.7 to revel a 0 hider mage who casted invis
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

About detecting with zero skill, and doing other things at low skill. It seems to me that at very very low skill that you have a good chance for success at least for a few times, and I always thought this was a way to show how the skill works, a few freebies. I have experienced this sort of thing with lumberjacking. Starting at zero, I can gather wood successfully a few times and then after that it takes forever between attempts to get any wood. Am I crazy or is there such a mechanic with some skills (hiding too, for example)?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Wonko the Sane wrote:About detecting with zero skill, and doing other things at low skill. It seems to me that at very very low skill that you have a good chance for success at least for a few times, and I always thought this was a way to show how the skill works, a few freebies. I have experienced this sort of thing with lumberjacking. Starting at zero, I can gather wood successfully a few times and then after that it takes forever between attempts to get any wood. Am I crazy or is there such a mechanic with some skills (hiding too, for example)?
it's impossible to have 0 lumberjacking though because of the initial stat bonuses to the skill
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

why was this resurrected?