Question about downloading the client

Topics related to Second Age
Cvette

Question about downloading the client

Post by Cvette »

Hi, just wondering if i should download the client from the download section of the homepage, or the UOML client from the install guide. The reason is, the UOML client will take an extra 10 hours.

Thanks for your time

DemonArkanis

Re: Question about downloading the client

Post by DemonArkanis »

Either works, i'd just go for the quicker one. Don't patch too far or you may have some little graphic glitches and whatnot.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

I recomend patching to 5.0.9.1
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

dirk smallwood

Post by dirk smallwood »

i forget which one i downloaded but i didnt patch period, i dont see if you have atleast UOR why you would need to patch in the first place.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

dirk smallwood wrote:i forget which one i downloaded but i didnt patch period, i dont see if you have atleast UOR why you would need to patch in the first place.
You have to have at least version 4.0.0.0 because the network protocol has changed quite a bit. My UO:T2A cd is like version 1.9.2 or something, but the UO:ML download it 4.0.0.0 so we've gotta start with that base. There are some map changes between 4.0.0.0 and 6.0.0.0 but nothing dramatic, after that, i.e., if you patch all the way, there are some dramatic map changes, like extra bridges in dungeons etc. I think some of the later version clients may be a little more stable, although I don't know of anyone who doesn't get a client crash once in a while.

For the most part, 4.0.0.0 version client is fine for Second Age. The shard runs map version 5.0.8.3 which is not much different than the 4.0.0.0 map.

Map changes past 6.0.0.0 have some serious problems and can lead to getting stuck it some bad spots, althogh we've fixed many of the areas. One example is the despise bridge. Read about it here Especially note the screenshot differences between clients.

dirk smallwood

Post by dirk smallwood »

i think it was the uoml client i dled and didnt patch at all