8 skills anyone?

Topics related to Second Age
Artifex1979

8 skills anyone?

Post by Artifex1979 »

Hail, guys!

I've been thinking about using an 8-skill template, as follows. Everything is maximized but Meditation and Anatomy. Please leave any feedback.

Magery 100
Evaluating Intelligence 100
Wrestling 100
Meditation 50
Resisting Spells 100
Weapon Skill (Swords/Fencing/Whatever) 100
Tactics 100
Anatomy 50

Each and every commnet is welcome!

Adunaphel

Re: 8 skills anyone?

Post by Adunaphel »

Personally, I'd say it isn't worth it. That 50 anat is only giving you a 10% damage boost on melee. I'd rather have the faster mana regen.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

smelt it

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

That template would be gimped. Meditation is so important and useful. Gotta be GM on a mage char

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

You'd be better off juggling skills in the upper 90s than reducing one as low as 50.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

just drop wrestle and be 7x gm

Downs

Post by Downs »

Mens Rea wrote:smelt it
build.jpg
build.jpg (55.47 KiB) Viewed 636 times
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

good build would be say, 90 in multiples of the base 7x mage, as stated above. 50 is a bit low to have any of the core skills. You could even go with say, 80 resist. Just hope ppl don't go FS or MS on ya cuz it's gonna hurt. Most folks on here have gm magery and eval so it's not gonna seem a lot different. Surely you'll wanna have wrestling unless you're gonna be right on everytime on equipping ur weapon when u cast, else you gonna get hit everytime and that's gonna be worse than having 0 resist. Keep in mind if your plannin on doing more melee than casting then maybe subsitute 10 in and 10 ouf of evalint, it's basically the same as anatomy just for magery instead. So try and decide what your core play style is and go from there.

lots i've seen have usually taken up to 20 points off resist. and even a few of magery. Bout the only good thing with having gm magery is the actual -10 to debuff stats as opposed to you magery skill/10 - so 9 at 90-99.99 etc.. and so forth.

Other than that magery can easily be used at 90. Use scrolls for flamestrike, gate, and meteor swarm or the likes. Another large determinging factor for this would be, weapon skill. I did see that you mentioned hally mage template. Ofcoarse this is good if you're going pure 7x. The hally dmg is very wishy washy (as it should be) so while having a 4% melee dmg increase, 4% of 10 dmg isn't much. Where as you could go with another weapon skill or type even. 4% of a more tightly group'd dmg range type weapon would be more sufficient. But again since halberds are wishy washy on the dmg, it'd prolly be best to have the hally hit for max and 4% added onto that. (in case this isn't clear, i'm pulling the 4% from assuming you have 20 anatomy*)

hope that helps you decide

Massimiliano
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Massimiliano »

I don't have the time to run multiple pg, and this is my setup for a multi porpouse charachter:

Swords 100
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Resisting 80
Parrying 82,5
Healing 80
Magery 82,5
Hiding 75

STR 100
DEX 85
INT 40

Is a pg intended for solo playing, exploring & avoiding/escaping pks.

Regards.

p.s. I'm sorry, I misunderstood the topic. My English is far from perfect! :shock:

p.p.s. I don't like your setup anyway! :lol: 50 is too low for any skills!
Rupert Hamilton