Wanted: Vendor Guide

Moderator: Support Moderators

brandonsantacruz

Wanted: Vendor Guide

Post by brandonsantacruz »

I'm looking to start a vendor outside of Vesper (no thanks to ppl camping spots with nothing to sell) and was wondering if there was some sort of guide out there on vendor commands, tips, etc. Anyone know of a guide like this or mind giving me the run-down?

Thanks,
Brandon

Coffee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Wanted: Vendor Guide

Post by Coffee »

To stock your vendor, double click it, select "see goods" and then drag + drop. Type in your price (put a space after the price and type a description, if you desire).

To add money to their account (which may be necessary initially), simply drag + drop gold on top of them.

To collect money from them simply type (name) collect. Then just type in the amount you would like to collect (they will give you a report as to how much is available). This amount will be placed directly into your bankbox in the form of a check.

To dismiss a vendor simply type (name) dismiss. All items they are carrying, as well as their gold and clothing, will drop on the ground inside a backpack.

brandonsantacruz

Thanks for the reply, Coffee! Where do you hire vendors, btw? A merchant? What do they cost and what is their upkeep? Do they take a portion of your sales?

Thanks again,

Brandon

Sauron

Post by Sauron »

Tavernkeepers and Innkeepers sell a "contract of employment". This contract of employment costs about 1500 gp and can be turned into a Vendor later.
To create the Vendor, take the contract inside a 'public' building you own (or are a friend of), and use it (double-click).
The Vendor will be created at the exact spot you are standing when you double-click the contract of employment.
The Vendor will be created with a random name and gender. All Vendors wear the same clothes, which may differ only in color.
A Vendor cannot be moved once it is placed.
Only the placer of the Vendor can be the owner. You cannot share a Vendor with friends.
Vendors will only be eligible to remain in the house if you are the owner or a friend, and will pack up automatically if their owner visits them and is not a friend.
To maintain a Vendor you will have to pay it.
The maintenance fee for a Vendor starts with 20 to 24 gp per UO day. There are 12 UO days in one real day. The minimum fee per real day is therefor 240 to 288 gp.
The more items you have for sale on your Vendor, the higher the maintenance fee will be.
The first 500 gp worth that you have for sale are covered by the base fee the Vendor charges.
For each additional 500 gp worth of merchandise the Vendor will charge 1 gp maintenance fee per UO day. (Example: With a base fee of 20 gp and 5500 gp of merhcandise for sale the Vendor will charge 20 + ((5500-500)/500) = 30 gp per UO day).
A Vendor responds to several Vendor Commands.
Currently a maximum of 100 vendors per house is allowed.
A Vendors backpack has the same weight and item count restrictions as a regular backpack. (i.e. 400 stones / 125 items max.)
To offer an item for sale just drop it in the opened backpack of the Vendor. The Vendor will then ask for a price and description. You then have several options:
Enter only a price if you do not wish to add a description. Example: 1000
Enter a price and description, separated by a space or comma, to set both. Example: 1000, a wand of identification with 200 charges
Enter only a description if you want the system to set a default price. Example: a handcrafted stack of kindling
Press the ESC key to make the item 'not for sale'. (Note: only books, containers, key rings and items within a for-sale container can be made 'not for sale')
Note: If you are unable to put a price on items you drop in the backpack then it is best to replace the vendor with a fresh one by using the "replace" command. This will remove your old bugged vendor and give you a new vendor deed in your backpack. Make sure to empty the old vendors backpack and "collect" all gold first.
Regular items that you try to make 'not for sale' will be priced automatically by the system.
If you want to sell a set of items as one you should put all items in a container and then drop that container in the backpack of a Vendor and give it a price and description. The individual items in the container will be 'not for sale'.
To buy an item off a Vendor say "[name] buy", where [name] is the name of the Vendor. You will get a targeting cursor that allows you to select the item you wish to purchase.
After selecting an item to purchase from a Vendor, you will be given a message that tells you the item name and the cost associated with it. You can then either accept or cancel the transaction.
While the message is on your screen, the Vendor owner will not be able to move the item or change its price. The message will time-out in 60 seconds.

brandonsantacruz

Thank you for the thorough vendor guide.. Sounds like it can be expensive to maintain a vendor!

leterrien
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by leterrien »

A Vendors backpack has the same weight and item count restrictions as a regular backpack. (i.e. 400 stones / 125 items max.)
I think that Derrick changed the max items to 225 if I am not mistaken...

Also, there isn't a weight restriction.. I used to have 1000s of lockpicks on my vendor at once.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

good

Joshua Lee

Post by Joshua Lee »

What do you type to see the maintenence fee?
A mirror reflecting a mirror that shines through a prism of paradoxes after shocking breakthroughs that elevate to a higher level of consciousness that radiates the soul energy being burned with passion.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Joshua Lee wrote:What do you type to see the maintenence fee?
Vendor status

kataran

Post by kataran »

Great guide I found on Stratics - http://uo.stratics.com/content/professi ... ant0.shtml

I believe it's all mostly era-accurate, since afaik, vendors never changed that much, and the 'appendices' were last updated in 98/99.

(Note: Navigation links are in left-hand frame.)
-kat

caveman

Post by caveman »

Sauron wrote: Note: If you are unable to put a price on items you drop in the backpack then it is best to replace the vendor with a fresh one by using the "replace" command. This will remove your old bugged vendor and give you a new vendor deed in your backpack.
You will not get a deed back. It just removes the vendor.

Return to “New Player Help”