Camping - When using Bed Roll to Log Out the Client Hangs

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Camping - When using Bed Roll to Log Out the Client Hangs

Post by RawToxic »

REPORTED PROBLEM: Camping - When using Bed Roll to Log Out the Client Hangs

ISSUE DETAILS: When attempting to logout of the game with a campfire and bed roll, the session does not end properly on the client end. The client seems to just hang until it realizes it has lost connection with the server and you are displayed a lost connection prompt. The user is disconnected properly on the server end but I do not believe the proper session close/logout calls are being sent to the client before the server closes the connection in this scenario.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Win XP 64bit SP2, UOSA 5.0.8.3

STEPS TO RECREATE: Purchase a bed roll from a NPC Provisioner. Use a bladed object on a tree to produce a kindling. Double click on the kindling until a campfire is produced. A system message should be displayed to show you are preparing your camp. AFter awhile it will display another system message to show you the camp is secure. Place your bed roll on the ground and double click on it to open it. Double click on the open bed roll to attempt to logout. Accept the prompt that appears and attempt to log out. Your client will hang for awhile and you will then be notified you have lost connection with the server.

EXPECTED RESULTS: When using a bedroll to logout of the game, it should be handled and act just like logging out in a friended house or town inn. You should return to the UO Client login screen without having to time out on the server connection.

DATE REPORTED: 12/9/2008

Date Status Changed: N/A
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker
Fletch - GM Bowyer, Miner
Samuel Vane - GM Fisherman
Arsenic Annie - GM Poisoner
Grimm McCutty - PVP Hybrid

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Camping - When using Bed Roll to Log Out the Client Hangs

Post by RoadKill »

I've had no problem with camping on the server. I use it on my stealth shepherd often to log out while camping IDOCs, it's exactly how I remember it. Maybe I'm not seeing the error, I use the bedroll, the gump comes up, I click ok, then I get the Connection Lost gump and I'm back at the login screen and logged-out of game (allowing me to log into any character on the account)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Raptor

Post by Raptor »

From what I remember with camping from OSI, this crash type simulation was just how campfires/bedrolls worked. You would still end up logged out of game correctly, but you would get a connection lost dialog. I can't seem to find any old documentation on it though.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Raptor wrote:From what I remember with camping from OSI, this crash type simulation was just how campfires/bedrolls worked. You would still end up logged out of game correctly, but you would get a connection lost dialog. I can't seem to find any old documentation on it though.
This is how I remember it too. I haven't looked for data because I felt it was right
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

I couldn't find any data on it either which prompted me to write it up. I never used it before but seemed odd that you did not log out automatically. It kinda sucks to haver to wait for the client to time out the connection.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker
Fletch - GM Bowyer, Miner
Samuel Vane - GM Fisherman
Arsenic Annie - GM Poisoner
Grimm McCutty - PVP Hybrid

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There's no packet that can be sent to the client to return you to the login screen. The connection lost is my recolection on camping logout as well.

To verify the you logged out, take a few steps, you should freeze. At that point just use your logout button if you can't received the connection lost yet.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

RawToxic wrote:REPORTED PROBLEM: Camping - When using Bed Roll to Log Out the Client Hangs

ISSUE DETAILS: When attempting to logout of the game with a campfire and bed roll, the session does not end properly on the client end. The client seems to just hang until it realizes it has lost connection with the server and you are displayed a lost connection prompt. The user is disconnected properly on the server end but I do not believe the proper session close/logout calls are being sent to the client before the server closes the connection in this scenario.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Win XP 64bit SP2, UOSA 5.0.8.3

STEPS TO RECREATE: Purchase a bed roll from a NPC Provisioner. Use a bladed object on a tree to produce a kindling. Double click on the kindling until a campfire is produced. A system message should be displayed to show you are preparing your camp. AFter awhile it will display another system message to show you the camp is secure. Place your bed roll on the ground and double click on it to open it. Double click on the open bed roll to attempt to logout. Accept the prompt that appears and attempt to log out. Your client will hang for awhile and you will then be notified you have lost connection with the server.

EXPECTED RESULTS: When using a bedroll to logout of the game, it should be handled and act just like logging out in a friended house or town inn. You should return to the UO Client login screen without having to time out on the server connection.

DATE REPORTED: 12/9/2008

Date Status Changed: 12/10/2008