Dupre[THG]

uo economy guide

Post by Dupre[THG] »

Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.

Ambidextrious

Re: uo economy guide

Post by Ambidextrious »

You don't need that to make a good eco or even start one. Magical item spawns need to be reduced and the price of player goods need to rise. Spellbooks that are BLESSED shouldn't cost 5K regardless if they are free to you to make. (That's just an example as there's a few other things that need to be done)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Magic drops have been drasticly reduced.

do0m

Post by do0m »

Derrick wrote:Magic drops have been drasticly reduced.
Poop on you!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

do0m wrote:
Poop on you!
This happened a while ago

Kenrick

Post by Kenrick »

Derrick wrote:
do0m wrote:
Poop on you!
This happened a while ago
Just my opinion here, but I think you may have over corrected it. I've only been playing for a week, but I've definitely noticed that magic item droprate is too low. And when magic items do drop, they seem to be of the lame variety. I just killed 3 lich lords and the best thing I got off them was "a massive war fork." Yikes.
how does I bought horse?

do0m

Post by do0m »

Kenrick wrote: Just my opinion here, but I think you may have over corrected it. I've only been playing for a week, but I've definitely noticed that magic item droprate is too low. And when magic items do drop, they seem to be of the lame variety. I just killed 3 lich lords and the best thing I got off them was "a massive war fork." Yikes.
This i can agree on, Ive killed countless Balrons, Dragons, White Wyrms, and even 3 Ancient wyrms (with help from a tamer on the wyrm) plus tons of lvl 3-5 Tmaps. Ive been here for just over a month and only got 3 vanqs, and 6 powers. I dont know if Derrick or Nevermore have power over the drop types, but balrons dropping "A blahblah of ruin" just seems silly, But im pretty sure that the drops are randomly generated... like the balron is programed to drop 1000-1400 gold, 5 gems, 1-2 magic items, thats not exact, just an example.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We'll kep an eye on this, 3 Lich Lords is a pretty small sample, and for the purposes of magics Massive could have been as easily a Force, which wouldn't have been so bad.

Keep me posted, if we can get a larger sample of drops and they look abysmal I'll make some chages but i did a lot of testing with the current rates and they looked good to me.

Kenrick

Post by Kenrick »

Derrick wrote:We'll kep an eye on this, 3 Lich Lords is a pretty small sample, and for the purposes of magics Massive could have been as easily a Force, which wouldn't have been so bad.

Keep me posted, if we can get a larger sample of drops and they look abysmal I'll make some chages but i did a lot of testing with the current rates and they looked good to me.
I was just using those LL's as an example. Yes, my experience so far killing "upper tier" mobs is limited, but so far I'm disappointed. But I've killed countless "mid-tier" mobs like wyverns, liches, orcs, ghosts, water/air/fire eles, gargoyles, gazers, etc, and only gotten 1 or 2 decent items all told. I just don't remember it being that bad.
how does I bought horse?

Ambidextrious

Post by Ambidextrious »

Aren't LLs lvl 5 monsters?

Anyway, if a shard has too many magic drops, what good are crafters? I mean, if you start to say it's not enough, then it will never be enough. 3 Vanqs in a month? LOL!!! I'm sure in OSI, if you could get that many, you would be considered a cheater or God. (Not the player). I don't see how it's too low. I can go on a run and get still a LARGE amount of magic drops from low lvl monsters. I think if anything, it needs to be dropped a little more.

do0m

Post by do0m »

Ambidextrious wrote:
3 Vanqs in a month? LOL!!! I'm sure in OSI, if you could get that many, you would be considered a cheater or God.
Bro you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. On OSI I was averaging 1-2 vanqs a week killing the same MoBs I listed above.

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

Power's and Vanq's were EXTREMELY rare in T2A. I played for a year and a half, and my favourite spot was Destard farming dragon's with 5 blade spirits (just barely able to cast 5th). I think I came across maybe 2-3 vanqs in that entire span, and one of them was a heavy xbow of vanquishing which nearly made me shit my pants... then the server crashed and reverted.

Kenrick

Post by Kenrick »

Scythe wrote:Power's and Vanq's were EXTREMELY rare in T2A. I played for a year and a half, and my favourite spot was Destard farming dragon's with 5 blade spirits (just barely able to cast 5th). I think I came across maybe 2-3 vanqs in that entire span, and one of them was a heavy xbow of vanquishing which nearly made me shit my pants... then the server crashed and reverted.
Yeah don't get me wrong, powers were very rare and vanq's were near impossible to find - as they should be here. I'm just saying that when I finally do get a magic item to drop here, and my heart skips a beat, it turns out to be something utterly useless after I ID it. A massive war fork, an accurate skinning knife, a bonnet of clumsiness, etc. But anyway, GM crafted stuff is good. I just definitely remember getting better (and more frequent) magic during that era.
how does I bought horse?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Getting the crappy durable cleavers off the higher level stuff makes a lot of sence to me too. I'll readjust this as soon as I can.

I want magic to be more rare, and I'm right on the same page as Scythe, when I left osi every vanq & I'd ever gotten fit in my bankbox with plenty of room to spare, and most of them had come from lvl 5 chests.

dirk smallwood

Post by dirk smallwood »

vanqs of any decent kind of wepon are supposed to be mainly tmap drops neways