Exploit?

Topics related to Second Age
Sympathy

Exploit?

Post by Sympathy »

I played at launch up until the Trammel/Feluccia debacle, and in that time I don't recall this ever being an issue, but is it possible for somebody to cast through the walls of your house?

I was just taking care of some business in my house and some asshat murderer named Light Shade circled the house and murdered a llama and a friend of mine who weren't fortunate enough to be standing directly in the middle of the house. Like I said, I don't remember this happening in the past, but if it's part of the game mechanics then shame on me for bringing it up and not knowing any better (but Light Shade is still an asshat).

I thought it'd be safe to leave your toon unattended in a locked, secure house but I guess not. Is this an exploit, and should I be reporting this elsewhere? Still pretty new to this shard.

Thanks

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Exploit?

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Just stand in the middle. EQ can hit anything in a 10 tile radius of the caster but can't kill players and CL/MS can be used to target an area, in this case your wall, and damage anything within 2 tiles of that wall. CL/MS can kill players.

LightShade
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LightShade »

Its a dangerous world out there... }:>

I dont remember which one you were specifically since I've killed a lot of people and llamas today, but pay attention to what Panthor said.

I am not an asshat, just quality control. I have to make sure people are using their homes and macros properly.
Light Shade
PK Napa Valley T2A

Sympathy

Post by Sympathy »

Oh, no worries. I (we) came back to UO because sadly there are no more dangerous worlds available, especially in all of these cookie cutter shit pile games that companies "bless" us with every other day. I guess we'll just have to be more careful then. Not like anything was lost in his death, just a minor inconvenience we'll have to consider next time.

And sorry for calling you asshat. Safe travels and happy killin'. :)

LightShade
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LightShade »

what were your names? if you were those guys in K^A my advice would be to join any guild but K^A haha
Light Shade
PK Napa Valley T2A

Sympathy

Post by Sympathy »

Nah, we're guildless right now. Buddy that you killed, his name was Odius. I was on Shecky Shibazz at the time (new toon) and had to watch in horror as your crime unfolded before my eyes. Luckily I was wise enough to move to the center of the house. :lol:

LightShade
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LightShade »

Sympathy wrote:Nah, we're guildless right now. Buddy that you killed, his name was Odius. I was on Shecky Shibazz at the time (new toon) and had to watch in horror as your crime unfolded before my eyes. Luckily I was wise enough to move to the center of the house. :lol:

gifts on your porch
Light Shade
PK Napa Valley T2A

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Oooh, a gift! I wonder what fabulous treasure lies inside this box...

* BOOM *
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

Sympathy

Post by Sympathy »

Well hell, thanks for the freebies; will definitely help out.

Do people really fall for the old exploding box routine here? I know back in the day I had some fun with a tinker but I figured most people that would play this shard would be veterans of old and wise enough to steer clear of those shiny boxes.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Make sure you turn off auto search new con. in razor ..

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

Sympathy wrote:Do people really fall for the old exploding box routine here?
I think about the same amount of people that get killed in their houses do.

Sympathy

Post by Sympathy »

Yar. Can we get a rim shot here for Huzke?

No? Beh.

You see, I've watched people die from exploding boxes. I haven't seen people get smoked in the comfort of their own home because some mage standing in our back yard has super powers, or at the very least the ability to throw flame through stone. Casting through walls is a retarded mechanic either way, but to each his own. I don't need line of sight for any sense of immersion anyway. Hell, I throw shit through the walls of my house all the time. My wife's wrecking-ball of a cat just dumped my drink over so I picked him up threw him through the wall. Amazingly there isn't a scratch on it, but I can't say the same for the cat.

But hey, it sounds like somebody here has fallen victim to the exploding box in the past and still has a sore nerve about it. It's alright pal. I learned something about house mechanics today by asking a simple question. I'm sure you could do the same. Or, you know, just don't open anything you're not sure of. :wink:

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Sympathy wrote:Yar. Can we get a rim shot here for Huzke?

No? Beh.

I to thought that was in bad taste.

But hey, it sounds like somebody here has fallen victim to the exploding box in the past and still has a sore nerve about it. I

Pretty Sure this wasn't said for me .. but I have Died from a box .. Miller the crafty fellow stealth in and up to my fresh killed LL and planted a box on my kill ... I knew the danger of opening a box .. but it had some weight like it might have been some ones reg.s box the LL had Looted .. so I took the box and didn't open it .. but instead trying to recall right out .. but nope BOOM .. .dead .. I think it was Miller himself that told me what happened and that by default my razor was still set to auto search con. ..

Sympathy

Post by Sympathy »

Nah, it wasn't said for you. But truth is we've all died from trapped boxes at least once. I'll have to be sure to turn that setting off though (if it isn't off by default). I still don't know but a quarter of what Razor is capable of, or what each setting does. Being desensitized to this genre for years thanks to shitty MMO after shitty MMO, this game actually has quite the learning curve.

Oh well, we'll figure it all out in time. Ahh, to be a "nooblet".

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Your right you are at a huge learning curve (however I still learn stuff all the time).. but I've talked to others one tonight that are totally new to game .. lucky they have a irl friend to help them learn .. if they can learn so can you ..

Main things .. sadly expect some flames .. but as long as you don't go to their level ..then others will help you learn what is needed give advise or point you to forums or wiki ..

Never feel scared to ask .there are people out there like me that Really want to help others they can ..