Taking an enforced break

Topics related to Second Age
SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Taking an enforced break

Post by SJane3384 »

So, my entire network has been hammered by some low level virus, and I've been unable to use any of our computers for more than five minutes (then they go all blue screen of death...yay). It sucks balls and I hate it, and unfortunately until it gets fixed I won't be around. If anyone knows anything about the "Windows 7 Security" virus, I'd appreciate help in getting rid of it. And like I said, it's not localized. It's hit all five of our computers (2 laptops, 2 desktops, and Collin's server). Until it goes away, I get to hit the library for everything except for Facebook (thank God for my phone).

Thank you sirs (and Ottomans), and good day. If you need to get ahold of me for any reason, ie my house goes IDOC or some crap, talk to Pristiq, Chainsoar, or Fox_Phyre.
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Taking an enforced break

Post by Mens Rea »

Seriously go away you are like a leper on this shard - you ruin it like a bacterial infection.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Have you tried booting in safe mode or, better still, safe mode with networking? Just mash the F8 key before Windows boots and it'll give you an advanced boot menu.

Also, there are several recovery/antivirus tools that now allow you to scan a system from a live-cd, meaning that it will scan without needing to boot into Windows.

I've used the AVG rescue, and it's fairly intuitive.

http://www.avg.com/us-en/avg-rescue-cd

Any other information you can give on the virus or its symptoms? Any error or STOP code on the blue screen?
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

darkfiend
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by darkfiend »

If it's similar to the ones I've had to fix before, it will actually block any of your anti-virus programs from running. That one even blocked virtually any program from launching. Since they were Dell PCs, I was able to use a restore point to restore the system to a time prior to the infection. After this, running the anti-virus scanners and Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware took care of any left over problem files. Good luck!

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

darkfiend wrote:If it's similar to the ones I've had to fix before, it will actually block any of your anti-virus programs from running. That one even blocked virtually any program from launching. Since they were Dell PCs, I was able to use a restore point to restore the system to a time prior to the infection. After this, running the anti-virus scanners and Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware took care of any left over problem files. Good luck!
The program I linked runs from a self contained Linux live-cd. It's entirely seperate from the infected O/S, so there's not a damn thing any virus can do to stop it from running a scan :wink:
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

Heckler

Post by Heckler »

avg is the best damn company if it gets to virucs/trojan scanning removal !

im useing their tools since the very beginning and had not one malware/virus/trojan whatsoever.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Thats an easy fix! See the diagram below:
smallforge.gif
smallforge.gif (11.39 KiB) Viewed 2328 times
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Populus

Post by Populus »

Downs wrote:Thats an easy fix! See the diagram below:
smallforge.gif
Oh god yes, LOL
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Brules

Post by Brules »

Windows 7 Internet Security 2011 is NASTY.

Download Malware Bytes to a thumb drive, boot to safe mode with networking and see if you can install/run it.

Good luck, its frikken nasty!

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

I sent you a reply via PM .. with a copy paste of the complete needed actions to remove this .. This was taken off MS answers.com ..Let me know if you need further help .. and might be more help full to post in support .. I know its not really server or Client related but I read that forum looking for this stuff then others. Here is Link if you or anyone else needs this

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 472ba3c9ed

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Brules

Post by Brules »

Nice find Chaos....wish I had that a few days ao when I was trying to disenfect my wifes PC.....my work laptop has Symantec Endpoint....its like Ft Knox!

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Brules wrote:Nice find Chaos....wish I had that a few days ao when I was trying to disenfect my wifes PC.....my work laptop has Symantec Endpoint....its like Ft Knox!
I use SEP in my office and recommend it to all my business clients. Many studies have shown that signature-based A/V is only ~33% effective against modern viruses, so it's nice that End Point includes some behavioral and heuristic analysis in its IPS (intrusion prevention) module.

The thing's a beast to configure though.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Brules wrote:Nice find Chaos....wish I had that a few days ao when I was trying to disenfect my wifes PC.....my work laptop has Symantec Endpoint....its like Ft Knox!
I'll vouch for SEP as well; use it on all my stuff and have never had a problem with it. McAfee HBSS is pretty good as well, although the updates are pretty heavy on the package side (they use larger signature files versus incremental ones like Symantec.)
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

download these things, even if you have to get them from another PC onto a flash drive:

rkill > will terminate anything running in the background so you can work.(also comes in other formats incase the virus dont let you use .exe)

Malware Bytes > Full scan and reboot, This will get rid of 98.8% of the crap floating around out there.
Then do a full virus scan to be sure. A great free anti virus is avast antivirus. Use it on all my PCs.

I remove tons of viruses for people and if you are still having issues try this method. It should work out for you.

Good luck.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Aren't you, like....married to an IT guy?
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!