New Player here!

Topics related to Second Age
anothefoo

New Player here!

Post by anothefoo »

Hi all! Lake Superior player here, from 1997-2002.

Used to play Hybrid but got sick of neon hair, no real risks and pot throwing. One of the biggest problem on Hybrid is that everyone only camp Balron spots via their tamers, recalling spot to spot, everywhere else is empty, despite having a high population. Hope that's not the case here.

I guess I'll start off the good old fashioned way, mining and smithing! Hopefully by then I'll have an idea what the shard is about!

If anyone's feeling generous or have any tips to share for a newb miner, let me know!

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: New Player here!

Post by Huzke »

Welcome to UOSA!

Best advice I can give is to join the irc. People are usually very helpful there, just don't tell them where you're at in game because they likely won't be quite as nice in game in most cases. ;)

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Welcome to UOSA!

Maybe train hiding and tracking on your Miner char, for security purposes?
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

anothefoo

Post by anothefoo »

Omg...spent all 100 gold on 2 pickaxes, managed to get 30 ore before both broke and smelt the ore 1 by 1, 0 ingots made. lol.

Guess I need to start off with 50 mining skill.

Heckler

Post by Heckler »

anothefoo wrote:Omg...spent all 100 gold on 2 pickaxes, managed to get 30 ore before both broke and smelt the ore 1 by 1, 0 ingots made. lol.

Guess I need to start off with 50 mining skill.

i started my mule with 50 tinkering and 50 blacksmith. dont buy pickaxes buy ingots and make shovels urself.