Skill Gains

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Joshua Lee

Skill Gains

Post by Joshua Lee »

Ive only been playing for 2 days and I already know I'm going to love this server. I mean I think this server is just ab out perfect .

Just one thing I think is wrong is the skill gains are entirely way to easy. I am already GM in all my combat skills. I think that the skills should be a LOT tougher to gain.

I mean what the hell man it kinda sucks when all your hard work for gains is really worth nothing if everyone can get the same thing in a matter of hours. I remember back in the day when high parrying skills was something to boast about.

Healing, resist, and parrying for a warrior were the toughest skills to gain. It was so much fun when you would fight all day and only get .1 increase. I mean having parrying in 90s and healing in 90s and resist in even the 80s was VERY HARD back in t2a.

I think you guys should take it back to the old days. Skills gains have a lot to do with the game if you want it to be t2a.

I mean I am not suggesting that the skills become as hard to gain as it was. But I would like it to be somewhat closer than it is. I am already GM anat,tactics,fencing and have like 96 parrying... and I am 2 days old havent played the game in 9 years.
A mirror reflecting a mirror that shines through a prism of paradoxes after shocking breakthroughs that elevate to a higher level of consciousness that radiates the soul energy being burned with passion.

Joshua Lee

Re: Skill Gains

Post by Joshua Lee »

And if you think about it skill gains affect everything in the world. Because skill gains are so easy of course everyone is going to be a mage. Which means shit for the warriors. I mean don't get me wrong magery can be fun but the real t2a had just as much warriors as mages. I mean I guess there will always be more mages but this is just rediculous, everyone is a mage on this server.

Maybe if all the skill gains were much harder to gain there would be more of a diversity everywhere.

Or maybe some skills should be even harder to gain than back in '99 because of the macroing you can do on razor.

I love this server, but if skill gains were a lot harder then they are it would be perfection.
A mirror reflecting a mirror that shines through a prism of paradoxes after shocking breakthroughs that elevate to a higher level of consciousness that radiates the soul energy being burned with passion.

Joshua Lee

Post by Joshua Lee »

I mean yeah to most people here this server is all pvp and events and magery.

But there are also a lot of people that play that dont talk on IRC and dont do events and dont know what the hell they are doing. And they are experiencing the game like it was back then. While others tend to get a "deathmatch" kind of feel of the game. If you know what I mean.

I mean you can GM skills in less than a day. And a lot of people on the server dont even know what a macro is. So they are totally getting cheated out of their legit gains.

kalosjakar

Post by kalosjakar »

I can't really agree with you at all. I've been here for 7 days, have gotten Illustrious title all by way of killing shit with maces and I'm still only 97 macing, and about 93 tactics.. I think this server has some of the hardest gains I've seen on a free server.. but I kind of like that,.. gives your character a sense of worth.. instead of having 3 accounts worth of 7x's..

So I don't know what you're doing that I'm not but even sparring does not give me the gains you are speaking of.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

a lot of waht had to do with difficult skill gains during t2a had alot to do with resources/ macroing partners/ not many peopel could have their phoen line tied up for 48 hrs whiel they macroed melle skills on each other
i remember when i got cable internet for the first time and learned how to macro things were pretty easy to gain
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]