Crafting macro being annoying (SOLVED)

Moderator: Support Moderators

TomBom

Crafting macro being annoying (SOLVED)

Post by TomBom »

Ok so I've made a short video to demonstrate my problem, will be much easier to show than it would be to explain. Please look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD4Jg5l-hxg

The waits have actually got timeouts of '1', which I was told to do by someone on IRC, which sorted out half my problem. It seems fairly random how long it keeps looping through what is shown on the video, sometimes 5 sec, sometimes 20 secs, and then it carries on with the macro like normal (but comes back to the start and the same problem occurs).
I've been searching google and these forums so much and can't seem to find out why it's doing this so much, it's really slowly down the process.

Thanks in advance to anyone with the solution!
Last edited by TomBom on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Crafting macro being annoying, help please.

Post by applejack »

Targeting cloth or leather by type never works well for me. Hard to tell what is going on in that video to be honest, but I would switch back to absolute target.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

TomBom

Post by TomBom »

applejack wrote:Targeting cloth or leather by type never works well for me. Hard to tell what is going on in that video to be honest, but I would switch back to absolute target.
I'm showing how the macro just gets stuck at the top, looping back and forth between the first few lines. I'll try what you said and see what happens, thanks man.

EDIT: Who would have thought that the answer was that simple. The macro didn't like 'target by type' on leather like you said, now it seems to be working 100% now that I've set it back to 'Absolute Target'.

Thank you very much, applejack!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I'll tell you what happens.

The "target by type" get's confused between the leather you have on you, and the one in the chest, therefore it will not advance and will get hung up there. You can use target by type, but you'd have to stock from the chest, close it, log out and log back in. Then razor would only "see" the leather in your pack.

As applejack suggested, and you have done, having it as an absolute target is the easiest way to do it. What I do, so I don't have to retarget all the time, is, if I'm making something that uses an even number of leather (gorgets, sleaves, etc.) I'lll stock an odd number of leather (ie: 301), that way, when you work all the way through it, you'll end up with 1 leather in your pack, and you just stack another 300 leather on that one and razor will still recognize it as the target for your macro.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

TomBom

Post by TomBom »

I've got a pile of 60 in my bag, about 10k leather in a chest and it restocks 6 leather (gorget worth) at the end of the macro, so I shouldn't have to re-target at all really (until I run out of leather, obviously).

Thanks for the extra advice though dude! Much appreciated.

Alexandria Rose
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Crafting macro being annoying (SOLVED)

Post by Alexandria Rose »

Nice Tip Pirul. No more retargeting at end of run.. TY
Alex

Return to “New Player Help”