Why we need 1 account per IP

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Why we need 1 account per IP

Post by OhSnap »

jammaplaya wrote:
very interesting, and good explanation Loathed. I don't like to push this further off topic, but anyone know if this is era accurate? just curious
define "this"
are you talking about 1 IP per account or taming
and could somebody please close this thread haha
by "this", I mean what I quoted...thought that was obvious but maybe not. Like Matron, I was also under the impression you needed to be targeted or physically hit by a monster in order for your pets to attack while under the all guard me command.

jammaplaya

Post by jammaplaya »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: can you make a new thread about taming functionality? the title for this whole thread might SCARE PEOPLE if you know what i mean because it keeps getting bumped ;P just a suggestion tho love ya

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

noxmonk wrote:This will go nowhere. Fact is, not many people would be playing here if they didn't have 3 accounts. You wouldn't have mym, -3-, +-,or any of the other pvp guilds here if you do that and while they are not the life of the server, it takes all kinds of people and you need to cater to those of the "now now now" generation of gaming and adhd.

I agree, 1 account per IP would be a great addition, but to get quality you need quantity as well on free shards.
::starts a slow clap::

Segellion

Post by Segellion »

Times like this I ask myself "What would OSI do?"

Personally I would be fine with one account, and I believe it would be better for the server overall.. not to mention it would be far easier to tell how many people actually play on this server, and it might drop the suspicion that I am Joshua Lee

So what would OSI do?
-Make the hard choice, and give everyone some really cool gift or rare to make up for screwing everyone who is opposed to change.

Sounds good to me!

jammaplaya

Post by jammaplaya »

yeah... taking away someones ability to multitask is like cutting off their arms, but im sure they wont mind if they (and everyone else) get some pixels. thumbs down close thread its not even smart to talk about it and its not era accurate

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

jamma playa u ask that the thread be closed, yet your still responding, get outta here already, this is civil discussion
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I always try to avoid posting in these threads since there is nothing new to say in them after a year of posting them. You could merge all the "1 account per IP", "ghosting", "housing" threads and you'd have the same points re-iterated 1000 times over.

UO gameplay would be a lot more RPG like if we were forced to play 1 account, players would have to take more responsibility for their actions and deal with the consequences... etc. There would be far more player interaction and less triple acct powergaming. It would just make it a better game, IMO, but much of the playerbase just can't handle (or don't want) to put away their crutches. I have 10+ 6-7x chars on this shard and would happily delete half of them to drop to 1 acct per IP.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

Panthor the Hated wrote:I am sincerely not trolling when I say this isn't worth discussion at all.
:roll:
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

i agree nightshark
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

andersej

Post by andersej »

Honestly I believe nightshark makes a great point. Thumbs up to you good sir. Would put an end to those of you who love to leave your "dungeon bot" sitting there watching us. << >> *whispers* They're everywhere shhhhhhhh.....
This message has been approved by a Tank

jammaplaya

Post by jammaplaya »

Guerrilla wrote:jamma playa u ask that the thread be closed, yet your still responding, get outta here already, this is civil discussion
DURRRR DURRRRRRRRRRRRR

andersej

Post by andersej »

Bump- Just wondering if this is actually being considered or not? I dont want to start up another fight just curious.
This message has been approved by a Tank

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

andersej wrote:Bump- Just wondering if this is actually being considered or not? I dont want to start up another fight just curious.
Obviously nobody but the bossman knows for sure, but in my opinion which comes from experience here I would say that there is little to no chance of it.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

100% its not

ranger

Post by ranger »

Good it's not being considered. My dad used to play this game when I was a kid. I got to play it sometimes when he didn't. Now we both play this game occasionally, this would destroy that. (Same internet)