Using Teleport Item's while hidden

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hernando_Kortez

Using Teleport Item's while hidden

Post by Hernando_Kortez »

This appears to have been changed since I last played so that now you cannot teleport while hidden or invised. Not quite sure where the evidence for this comes from and was wondering if anyone could clarify. This certainly worked during UO:R and it seems unlikely to me that OSI would have broken and then fixed the trick.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Using Teleport Item's while hidden

Post by tekai »

I also remember using teleport rings whyle i was under the effects of hiding.
[broken image]

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You used to be able to do this here on uosa. Maybe you can check the patch notes and see why this change was put in place. Derrick is good about logging the reasoning behind changes.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There is no restriction on the use of a teleport item while hidden, but it does unhide you after you have teleported.

http://update.uo.com/oldupdates/4-13-98.shtml
OSI Apr 13,1998: "You can no longer teleport with a teleporting object and stay invisible."

I have no knowledge of this being reverted in UO:R
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Hernando_Kortez

Post by Hernando_Kortez »

It is a possibility that OSI applied a fix which didn't actually work. This was definitely possible in UO:R as I & many other pvpers carried invis/tele items as a kind of get out of jail free card. If I get some time I might trawl the future patch notes but I also have no knowledge of it being reverted. Does anyone have a free trial code I could use to log onto my old OSI account and confirm that it still works today? I realise things need to be evidence based but patch notes don't always tell the whole story....

Faust

Post by Faust »

That link is strange Derrick The date title of the patch states March instead of April like the URL indicates.

How does it work on the demo? Both of those dates should apply for the mechanic in it.

Godsend

Post by Godsend »

Derrick wrote:There is no restriction on the use of a teleport item while hidden, but it does unhide you after you have teleported.

OSI Apr 13,1998: "You can no longer teleport with a teleporting object and stay invisible."

I may be wrong, but it seems that quote says "invisible" without an inclusionary mention of "hidden". I have often found a large difference between invis and hiding. Among other things, invis wears off and I have not been able to do things like loot even my own corpse and remain invisible. Could there be a difference in this case as well?

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OhSnap »

Godsend wrote:
Derrick wrote:There is no restriction on the use of a teleport item while hidden, but it does unhide you after you have teleported.

I may be wrong, but it seems that quote says "invisible" without an inclusionary mention of "hidden". I have often found a large difference between invis and hiding. Among other things, invis wears off and I have not been able to do things like loot even my own corpse and remain invisible. Could there be a difference in this case as well?
not sure about any of the teleport while hidden stuff, but you certainly are able to loot your own corpse ONLY (not other corpses), and even dungeon chests while invisible on UOSA. unless there was a recent change to this, which i am relatively certain isn't the case...

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

From that same update, there are some other interesting changes:

You can no longer overload vendors.

Body parts from chopping corpses will decay at an accelerated rate, and will also decay regardless of where they are kept.

IE: No locked down heads and such, and no mass reg sales vendors...

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

I recall body parts decaying fast and regardless of location, but I don't recall reg vendors ever going out of business.

Seems like too big of an assumption that "You can no longer overload vendors." means they cannot hold more than someone with 100 str can hold.

Is there any background to that bullet point?