Liberation near Covetous entrance

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Thurthton

Liberation near Covetous entrance

Post by Thurthton »

I was successful in my first act of liberation last night when I led 311 iron ingots to freedom. They were being held by someone tinkering on the doorstep of the first small house northwest of the Covetous entrance. I said hello, but there was no reply. Suspecting something foul was afoot, I got a bit closer to see if there were any objects in distress.

I saved as many as I could before the enslaver of ingots became aware of my efforts. I fled upon discovery, only to be pursued by some fiend on horseback. Realizing I had no magical rune marked with the coordinates of a safe haven, I had no choice but to flee overland. I briefly considered taking to the road but with a man on horseback in hot pursuit and me without even shoes or clean underwear, I'd have been caught in seconds. So I kept to the woods, soon discovering that the trees provided great opportunities for hiding. I hid in the trees and managed to sneak away with the newly-liberated blocks of iron. I soon found a public house with a rune and made my way back to my den. Ah, sweet victory! The ingots are happier living with me, and suffer no mistreatment in my care.

Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Liberation near Covetous entrance

Post by Quin the Wretch »

A pox on all enslavers' of ingots! Thou twert heav'n sent good sir!

I even think mine ears doth hear the faint ring of freedom... or is that thy smithys' hamm'r?
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous

Thurthton

Re: Liberation near Covetous entrance

Post by Thurthton »

Heaven? No, my mom was a Nujel'm night soil worker and my dad an ettin.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”