Cursed Resist

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Jada7

Cursed Resist

Post by Jada7 »

My resist skill has been stuck at 97.6 for the passed 1 1/2 days now.. of CONSTANT training..

[YES] I have the skill going up
[YES] I also have skills going down

[NO] I am not exadurating when I say I haven't gained .1 in almost 2 days now.. I'm dead serious... has there been a change?

Should I cast something else other than flamestrike?

I've tried Chain Lightning for a while but still nothing.

I have also GM'd resist on other characters with this method of FS and had no problems...

"did you try killing urself and rechecking show real" yes I have, and also i've tried eating food..

Please some suggestions.. this is getting rediculous. :x

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Cursed Resist

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Get 30 dragons and gate them all to the water outside Yew Prison or some other guarded area so that they are outside the zone. Sit on a boat on the inside of the zone with a healer and attack them all. Before you do this, recheck your skill arrows (real skill, not shown) and kill yourself once for good measure. If you don't gain .1 in an hour or two something is wrong.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Should be white wyrms, right? Dragons have poor magery and can barely cast ebolt (some of them). You'll definitely need Flamestrike at this point to GM it.

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OhSnap »

does your char that is casting have eval intel? I know they changed it awhile back so that spell circle AND spell damage affect resist gains compared to just spell circle. Just a thought, probably doesn't account for the absolute lack of gains

morganm

Post by morganm »

OhSnap wrote:does your char that is casting have eval intel? I know they changed it awhile back so that spell circle AND spell damage affect resist gains compared to just spell circle. Just a thought, probably doesn't account for the absolute lack of gains
My resist came to a grinding hault at 96... the gains were so slow and I was burning through thousands of regs for minimal gain. The characters casting had GM eval and GM magery.

Might want to ask Toker how his resist is coming because quite a few times now we've had multiple casters on one target go all night... but I don't know how much he gained or where he started for each of those sessions.

It sounds like the wyrms are the way to go!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Oh yeah, Wyrms, sorry.

Sexy Smithy

Post by Sexy Smithy »

I've used thousands of regs since 95 resist. It is a LOT of regs to GM it from that point, but I've never had my resist stop like that. Not once. It still gains, just really slowly.

I'm at 99.8 on this new character as of right now. I just gained a .1 tick about 15 minutes ago.
Special Projects Minion.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

It is not uncommon to hit certain "walls", but 2 days is a bit too much.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Jada7

Post by Jada7 »

2 days is a BIT too much.. yes, but I have to update this.. just a couple of hours ago, I think around 6pm eastern.. I have gained .2 if this is what you call slow this is insane.. it's weird how I make a post and BAM gain .2, I think maybe I should spam posts in here maybe i'll GM that way =P

But thanks for the advice guys.. I just don't remember it being this difficult on my pvp character. I 7x'd that character without a problem.. resist being SLOW but not THAT slow...

Anyway.. I'll keep you posted on the gains.. still at 97.8 now =]