Shard opinion: Grandfathered blessed items

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Psilo

Re: Shard opinion: Grandfathered blessed items

Post by Psilo »

Loathed wrote:
Brules wrote:The grandfathered blessed items shouls all have 0 armor rating then.....if they are going to be blessed, indestructable, they better not give an AR rating. If they do, it is an unfair mechanic as they would not lose AR rating over time due to damage taken by the item. If Derrick is going to let them exist, then they need to be 0 AR.
the said items will reach 0 durability they just never break, just as before- so they will reach 0 AR as well. I too agree with marm though and believe they should be subject to the same rules. And tbh I think they all eventually will. We're making it unfair by asking for compensation for pixels.
Lets all stop waiving our epeens around and focus on stuff that is very important. Like climate change (originally referred to as global warming) and that 65% of all women in the world are only able to climax when alone. We with our huge epeens should be able to brainstorm and fix these two problems swiftly and effectively.
Honestly though, in the end when all is said and done- are you gonna tell me you were in the felucca or trammel boat? Ok so it's a trick question, there is but one facet- t2a and you're either in it or you not. :)

ps- stop flamming Derrick for coming up with one of the best temporary fixes for what most feel is an ongoing problem. He can't please everyone and it isn't right for us to think he can/should. BTW when this is all over i'd like to have your brass balls delivered to me Derrick. I have a few things that need to be done in RL and they would prove most useful.
Lol you said climax in the Suggestions and Era Accuracy forum!

HI IM MIKE

Post by HI IM MIKE »

To preface, this is not meant as a flame in any way, shape or form.

Matron, I understand why you wanted blessed items to break. Whether your reasoning was malicious or not - blessed items broke in era and should break on this server. What I do not understand is why you are SO passionate about having pre-existing items break as well.

It seems to me that you've gotten what you wanted. Going forward, all blessed items will ware the same way normal items do. Given that people will be unable to determine which items were pre-patch, and which were not - the monetary value of the pre-patch items will not increase due to their inability to identify themselves. Why not just lay it to rest? Blessed items now break, and the people who were told they would last forever will still have their items.

I really don't care either way - if blessed items broke in era, imho they should break here. However, I also believe that Derrick should (and most likely will) honor his word and leave the grandfathered items as they are.
nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

HI IM MIKE wrote:I really don't care either way - if blessed items broke in era, imho they should break here. However, I also believe that Derrick should (and most likely will) honor his word and leave the grandfathered items as they are.
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

morganm

Post by morganm »

Yall are STILL talking about this? Seriously?! FOR REAL?!

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

no we arent

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Panthor the Hated wrote:no we arent
I am

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

See this is where OSI went wrong, you all are fighting about blessed black sandals and alot of time and effort just went into this.

First of all, if black was never meant to be part of the game's color choices why did they make them spawn on npcs? People were stupid then. not so much now.

Dude it was all about money, in game and out of game. Just another little trophy item to hang over people's heads.

Little crap like denying you the ability to dye your clothing colors that spawn having that take precedence over the progression of the game was the real reason trammel came to be.

Let everyone be able to dye sandals black...who cares? If you spent a ton of money on blessed sandals whoop de doo you must have a ton of castles already because no one in their right mind would spend that kind of cash for something so petty unless they already had everything. Or you got them yourself and are sick in the head for asking that much for them.

Are we recreating an era or OSI's mistakes is my question?
You can see several places which had deviated from the path...so how far should we follow and why even in their missteps?

Why even create clothing bless deeds if people would be afraid to wear them anywhere but town? You could do that with non blessed items all day...

Thats my point...some people are playing UO but there are snoots out there who think this is monopoly.

What really happened is a bunch of noobs fell into too much money that's what....flat out. And I dont blame Derrick for doing this....it was the responsible choice.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:See this is where OSI went wrong, you all are fighting about blessed black sandals and alot of time and effort just went into this.

First of all, if black was never meant to be part of the game's color choices why did they make them spawn on npcs? People were stupid then. not so much now.

Dude it was all about money, in game and out of game. Just another little trophy item to hang over people's heads.

Little crap like denying you the ability to dye your clothing colors that spawn having that take precedence over the progression of the game was the real reason trammel came to be.

Let everyone be able to dye sandals black...who cares? If you spent a ton of money on blessed sandals whoop de doo you must have a ton of castles already because no one in their right mind would spend that kind of cash for something so petty unless they already had everything. Or you got them yourself and are sick in the head for asking that much for them.

Are we recreating an era or OSI's mistakes is my question?
You can see several places which had deviated from the path...so how far should we follow and why even in their missteps?

Why even create clothing bless deeds if people would be afraid to wear them anywhere but town? You could do that with non blessed items all day...

Thats my point...some people are playing UO but there are snoots out there who think this is monopoly.

What really happened is a bunch of noobs fell into too much money that's what....flat out. And I dont blame Derrick for doing this....it was the responsible choice.
No.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Do grandfathered blessed items lose armor eventually?

corr]

Post by corr] »

Psilo wrote:Do grandfathered blessed items lose armor eventually?

Yes. They go down to 0 armor.