Good Build

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Vile

Re: Good Build

Post by Vile »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Oh definately carry DP weapons as well, that goes without saying. You just want to eat up their cure pots. They will probably have more pots, other means to cure then you will carry weapons.

So in essence you could keep poisoning them while stealing their oranges, forcing them to use the others and when they are all gone "determined by snooping". You switch to the DP.
To be honest I lost track.... So I should drop my tracking and decteing hiding and wrestle for fencing/anat/tact and gm them with snoop/steal/hiding/stealth?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Well as a stealther thief you would be better off with a mage. Teleport, Invisibility,Wall of Stone,Recall, Gate etc. are far too important to give up being able to cast all the time. I just thought maybe you'd like to not have to tiptoe up to people and try to steal something of value all the time then try to escape.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Vile

Post by Vile »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Well as a stealther thief you would be better off with a mage. Teleport, Invisibility,Wall of Stone,Recall, Gate etc. are far too important to give up being able to cast all the time. I just thought maybe you'd like to not have to tiptoe up to people and try to steal something of value all the time then try to escape.
Ok I see I want to play a stealth type deal not really looking for kills. Basically my main goal is to stealth into houses and keeps and rob them.... when possible ...

Here is my new idea for a build

Snoop - 100
Steal - 100
Wrestle - 100
Hide - 100
Stealth -80
Detect Hidden - 50
Tracking - 50
Magery - 70
Disarm Traps - 50

100/25/100 - stats

The disarm traps is for when I am able to sneak into houses. Just enough magery to keep my self healed and gate. Detect Hidden to find trapped boxes in said houses. and hide and stealth to sneak up on people in town/dungeons and to dodge them. and tracking to find afk players in towns/dungeons.

Let me know what you think... Should I maybe drop detect hidden for resisting magic even thou i plan on just running/ would 50 points even help much? or should i take some points from wrstele and do some into resisting magic?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

50 disarm wont let you remove a GM trap. You'd use detect if you don't track anyone to make sure there are no traps. As a thief who's whole purpose isn't houselooting 50 med would be better if not more.

Without lockpicking remove trap is pretty much pointless anyway. one sec let me come up with something I would do based on what you want.

Hide
Stealth 80
Magery 80
Wrestling
Med 80
Snoop 80
Stealing
Tracking 30...so you can see in the dark :lol:
Detect Hidden 50...so you don't open the wrong box

That is a thief house looter who wants to keep his mits off the goodies that will kill him.

A Dedicated House Looter might look like

Detect Hidden 60
Lockpicking 90
Stealth 80
Hide
Tracking 30
Remove Trap
Wrestling
Magery 80
Med 60
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Vile

Post by Vile »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:50 disarm wont let you remove a GM trap. You'd use detect if you don't track anyone to make sure there are no traps. As a thief who's whole purpose isn't houselooting 50 med would be better if not more.

Without lockpicking remove trap is pretty much pointless anyway. one sec let me come up with something I would do based on what you want.

Hide
Stealth 80
Magery 80
Wrestling
Med 80
Snoop 80
Stealing
Tracking 30...so you can see in the dark :lol:
Detect Hidden 50...so you don't open the wrong box

That is a thief house looter who wants to keep his mits off the goodies that will kill him.

A Dedicated House Looter might look like

Detect Hidden 60
Lockpicking 90
Stealth 80
Hide
Tracking 30
Remove Trap
Wrestling
Magery 80
Med 60
How about this....

Snoop - 100
Stealing - 100
Hide - 100
Wrstle - 100
Magery - 80
Detect Hidden - 50
Stealth - 80
Track - 30
Med - 60

(i could also do 70 magery with 70 med?)

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Stealth
Hide
Snoop
Steal
Magery
Wrestling
Meditation or Resist

is common.

Magery
Wrestling
Meditation
Snoop
Steal
Resist
Healing

might be good for staying alive and nabbing things another variant that would be better vs dexxers

Steal
Snoop 80
Macing
Healing
Magery 80
Wrestling 80
Meditation 80
Anatomy 80

Thing is with Hide Stealth Snoop and Steal that's four skills eaten up.

so think like 90 90 90 90 80 80 80 100 giving you 8 skills or 5 at 80 3 GM etc.
If you use magery to hide you can do Magery Snooping Wrestling Meditation at 90
Hide Stealth Resist or tracking at 80
and stealing at GM

Thing is you might fail the hide...you would have to be fast to open the pack and choose your goodies.
Or you can lay in wait in dungeons with this template

Magery
Wrestling
Hiding
Snoop
Steal
Resist
Meditation

and polymorph into a creature of that region (like an orc at the orc forts, a slime etc) when people pass off screen and engage them that way.