Items out of reach from one tile away?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Hans
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Items out of reach from one tile away?

Post by Hans »

I use fish steaks as spacers when I am decorating. I noticed recently that I can not take the fish steaks (and other objects) from underneath items that I have locked down -- but only sometimes. I am one tile away, and I get the "I can't reach that." message. I can't even eat the steaks.

I assume this has something to do with the 2-tile reach change I read about? It's only been about a month since I last decorated, and I didn't have problems then.

I have an example in my new house if a GM wishes to come see the bug in action.

EDIT: This also happened with a flower pot, after I set a painting on top. I unlocked the flower (had not locked down the painting yet), and got the "I can't reach that." message when I tried to take the flower pot. So it's not just fish steaks.

EDIT2: Can't duplicate it now. It might have been a razor drag-que glitch. I will update this thread if the problem continues, and if I can rule out razor.

EDIT3: Ok, I can repeatedly duplicate it again (strange). I tested with object queing on and off, and with just the UO client (no razor). Same results - "I can't reach that."

Derrick

Re: Items out of reach from one tile away?

Post by Derrick »

This is related to "reaching" through "surfaces", for example you are currently unable to reach an item under a table if you are above the table, this also applies to reaching through floors. For now this is an intentional bug untill we can readdress it; with the changs to LOS a month or so ago, and the more recent changes to statics and land tiles in RunUO 2.1 (our patch 140a), things got a little out of hand, and this was a quick reliable solution. Hopefully we can fix this more correctly soon.

Thanks.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Hans
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Items out of reach from one tile away?

Post by Hans »

for example you are currently unable to reach an item under a table if you are above the table
Haha, I bet when I could take the fish steak, I was standing next to, instead of sitting on the chair I have in front of the writing desk. I guess when sitting, the chair was placing me above the fish.

Thanks for explaining it to me.