question about snooping

Moderator: Support Moderators

Frodiesel

question about snooping

Post by Frodiesel »

Is there a way to snoop someone without being revealed I've spent about a week macroing a thief to gm hide, snoop, steal, and stealth just to find out if I snoop while I'm hidden it reveals me. This sucks is there a way to do it or should I just give up on this and make him a house looter? It's frustrating to be trying to rob people at the bank just to have them walk away as soon as I snoop them and reveal myself.

Thanks in advance,
Frodiesel

Rowan Whitfield

Re: question about snooping

Post by Rowan Whitfield »

Are you snooping while hidden or stealthed? If you're using Stealth, you'll need to hide again before Snooping.

Frodiesel

Post by Frodiesel »

Most of the time I hide and stand there waiting for someone to walk up next to me. I've tried stealthing
Then snooping also. Could it be that I'm waiting too long after hiding? Does it have to be right
After I hide. I have always hidden and waited at least a few minutes before snooping

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Snooping won't reveal you unless you are in stealthmode. If you Hide, and then go into stealth you are no longer in hide-mode. You have to get near someone and then re-hide before you can snoop without being revealed. Because of the tiny little window of "era" that we have here, we have this lovely era accurate feature even though it was removed after a month or two and the developers themselves addressed it as a mistake on the newsgroups after everyone complained...

Frodiesel

Post by Frodiesel »

Thanks a lot Rowan and Matron. After reading your replies I was determined to figure out what I was doing wrong. When I got home I logged on my thief and my alt pvmer and set off to test my procedures.
After a few minutes of hiding then snooping, hiding and waiting and snooping, and hiding, waiting, then rehiding and snooping all with success I started to wonder what had been going wrong at the bank.
Thus I decided to try all these out at WBB. Amazingly it worked. I was now stumped though. So I decided I would recreate the exact fail conditions from before, so I chose my spot and hit my macro and switched to my other character while I waited for some SAP to come strolling up next to me. After 5 minutes or so I got someone. Tried to snoop and bam I'm revealed. At this point I realized the only thing that could possibly have been screwed up. That's right a broken macro. And sure enough I looked and saw that I had linked the wrong macro to my hot key and said macro was hiding then waiting 10 seconds and stealthing me. I had set my training macro to the hot key by mistake. So the moral of that long story...before you go crazy trying to figure out what's going wrong with something like that check your macro hot keys.
I feel like a retard now for wasting so much time on such a simple problem.
Anyway thanks again for the quick responses,
Frodiesel

Return to “New Player Help”