EVs again

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: EVs again

Post by Ragancy »

I believe EVs are working correctly.

I used EVs a lot back in T2a and recall you had to be very close to the target or the EV would just go off on its own.

One of the best ways to use EVs (if they misbehave) is to attack them and then guide them onto the mob.

Cstrat

Post by Cstrat »

its nice and all that you want to keep it "era accurate" but ev's were intended to work differently but osi was extremely lazy with a lot of things and this was one of them. I have played since beta, was a councelor, and consistently worked with the dev team bug testing and emailing bugs to them. This was acknowledged a long, long time ago to be a fault in the game mechanics but bigger things were on their plate at the time.. like ghost resing in houses to loot them, dupeing (which still works to this day on free shards and live) one hit weapons, etc.

Ev's were meant to be intellect based hounds.. not "plop it directly next to it , the tile RIGHT next to it". It was meant to be dropped in the viscinity of something like a lich and it would go after it or a player if put close to them. I dont care to try and confirm this for you but read a little deeper into it and you might find it. OSI surely would never admit to the general public that this fault in the game mechanics for ev's was on the back burner because it would just prove how lazy they really were. It was later changed when time was permitted (not sure if it was osi or who did it) but it was eventually changed. I would post a list of bugs in this era but some of them still exist in game and since a thread on the forum said something to the effect of " if this was a bug in t2a era " it would be implemented.. something about rune books (again im probably as lazy as osi was back during this time) but ill just let the bugs remain until someone decides to stumble upon them, and yes this is a huge run on sentence =) and yes chopper still releases bugs.

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OhSnap »

Cstrat wrote:its nice and all that you want to keep it "era accurate" but ev's were intended to work differently but osi was extremely lazy with a lot of things and this was one of them. I have played since beta, was a councelor, and consistently worked with the dev team bug testing and emailing bugs to them. This was acknowledged a long, long time ago to be a fault in the game mechanics but bigger things were on their plate at the time.. like ghost resing in houses to loot them, dupeing (which still works to this day on free shards and live) one hit weapons, etc.

Ev's were meant to be intellect based hounds.. not "plop it directly next to it , the tile RIGHT next to it". It was meant to be dropped in the viscinity of something like a lich and it would go after it or a player if put close to them. I dont care to try and confirm this for you but read a little deeper into it and you might find it. OSI surely would never admit to the general public that this fault in the game mechanics for ev's was on the back burner because it would just prove how lazy they really were. It was later changed when time was permitted (not sure if it was osi or who did it) but it was eventually changed. I would post a list of bugs in this era but some of them still exist in game and since a thread on the forum said something to the effect of " if this was a bug in t2a era " it would be implemented.. something about rune books (again im probably as lazy as osi was back during this time) but ill just let the bugs remain until someone decides to stumble upon them, and yes this is a huge run on sentence =) and yes chopper still releases bugs.
Era accurate bugs or "faults", whatever you want to call them, were a part of the T2A era. If they were around at our cutoff date and NOT game breaking (such as duping), they are considered era accurate and this server will have them. Thanks for the input though, interesting

Cstrat

Post by Cstrat »

so.. if i find something that was a bug back then and doesnt work now can we add this back in? =)

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

As long as it's not gamebreaking, like house break-in bugs or duping - then yes, most probably. UOSA has an array of era accurate bugs coded in.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE