Unsure about the accuracy of NPC move command

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Unsure about the accuracy of NPC move command

Post by Mens Rea »

So, the other day I was telling an NPC vendor to move.

I wanted it to move to a particular location so I had it rail-roaded using my character and my horse to form a straight line to where I wanted it.

I said "xxxxxx move" and the npc actually moved my horse to another square and stood where the horse was.

Accurate? I don't know. Worth changing? I don't know. Thoughts?

GleepGlop

Re: Unsure about the accuracy of NPC move command

Post by GleepGlop »

Sounds like they're set never to push through people or occupy the same tile as something else

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I was under the impression back in the day that you could funnel NPCs like you were trying to do. This was likely 2000+ though, and is just one person's memory. But, I think it should work.

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

I spent August of 1999 killing artists in Occlo for colored sandals by spamming vendor move until they were out of town guards. I have no idea if this is relevant to what you are trying to do.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Akanigit wrote:I have no idea if this is relevant to what you are trying to do.
+1

At least hes honest!

I don't know if it is or not either. Move seems to work right to me but I don't use it much.

Blackhaggie

Post by Blackhaggie »

The move command works the way I remember it on osi. The range at which NPCs listen to a command isn't from what I can recall.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Blackhaggie wrote:The move command works the way I remember it on osi. The range at which NPCs listen to a command isn't from what I can recall.
I wanted to post this in the other thread about vendor buy/sell range, but couldn't find it.

I just checked on the demo, NPCs should only respond to you if you are 1 tile away, at maximum (inc vendor buy/sell/move commands).

Noteworthy that NPCs ignore you most the time you say "[name] move", they seem to respond about 1 in 10 requests in the demo, else they will say "excuse me?"
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE