EVs again

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: EVs again

Post by Roser »

SoundofGod wrote:
Rose wrote:Never did I see someone farming the Balron/Ancient Wyrm with an EV. I strongly remember doing Meteor Swarm wall's with around 10-20 people in the hythloth Balron room.... If it just took one player to drop and EV to take down a balron, why would so many players get together and farm Balrons this way.
The reason people weren't using EV's much wasn't how it acted - it was the noto-pks that would camp the spawns and hunt for people using them. Remember?
I'm sure the noto-pks would have stepped in-front of a Meteor Swarm, flagging the caster as well.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Harder to leap in front of a MS than it is to run up to an EV that was casted 30 seconds prior and is still running around

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

so this is how things become "accurate" random arguing on topics, until an agreement or compromise is made.
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

its called debating

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

that was obviously all the way over your head panthor
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

the point of arguing seems to be over your head gorilla

would you like a banana? I hear kandor has some

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Guerrilla wrote:so this is how things become "accurate" random arguing on topics, until an agreement or compromise is made.
While I don't expect this particular mechanic applies to this; As a last resort on topics that have no other guidance yes I suspect that would be the method of last resort.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

caveman

Post by caveman »

EVs seem pretty era accurate right now to me. Air and water elementals seem way more useful than in era. I think daemons and earth elementals were the only ones that really behaved for me back then.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

caveman wrote:EVs seem pretty era accurate right now to me. Air and water elementals seem way more useful than in era. I think daemons and earth elementals were the only ones that really behaved for me back then.
Cast an EV and let me know how that goes for you

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

poogoblin wrote:
caveman wrote:EVs seem pretty era accurate right now to me. Air and water elementals seem way more useful than in era. I think daemons and earth elementals were the only ones that really behaved for me back then.
Cast an EV and let me know how that goes for you
casting an ev usually results in death; or worse. this one guy cast an ev and it chopped his whole body off.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Andersonius

Post by Andersonius »

I have tested with this through and through and it is working as intended. The EV needs to be placed on a tile directly beside the mob. This picture is not on a tile directly beside the mob.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Andersonius wrote:I have tested with this through and through and it is working as intended. The EV needs to be placed on a tile directly beside the mob. This picture is not on a tile directly beside the mob.
What is "intended" and how do we know that the intended function is era accurate?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Panthor the Hated wrote:
Andersonius wrote:I have tested with this through and through and it is working as intended. The EV needs to be placed on a tile directly beside the mob. This picture is not on a tile directly beside the mob.
What is "intended" and how do we know that the intended function is era accurate?
There are two propositions being made in these threads as I understand it. One that EV's do not way the work the way the we intend them to work, and that the way we intend them to work is not the way they are supposed to work. I take the above as a verification that they are working as "intended" on Second Age.

I don't think the post was meant to address what is accurate, and I'm not sure why you would ask that question of that poster.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Based on this thread and the previous one on the topic, I'm not clear on what the intended functionality is. Has this been outlined? I thought initially that the demo was the basis but the video by Batlin showed an entirely different functionality.

If they are working as intended, are there any plans to change the intention?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Panthor the Hated wrote:Based on this thread and the previous one on the topic, I'm not clear on what the intended functionality is. Has this been outlined? I thought initially that the demo was the basis but the video by Batlin showed an entirely different functionality.

If they are working as intended, are there any plans to change the intention?
With more info aye. The intention is for all AI to work as is accurate; it's not entirely clear whether the demo represents era accurate AI, or no, but it certainly demonstrates some things that definately are not right even in a general sense.