Shard opinion: Grandfathered blessed items

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Shard opinion: Grandfathered blessed items

Post by DrFaustus »

True, but you aren't holding 300 silver/150 trophies in the trade window prior to confirming these "questions".

Sure, that doesn't "matter" to some, but to others it's the single reason they CHOSE what they chose.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

This is much more akin to redressable vendors than it is to weapons. The ability to dress vendors was removed for era accuracy but previously dressed vendors remained as-is for the remainder of their life. I don't recall anyone complaining about the existence of grandfathered items at that time.

This seems to be more of a way to troll people than any concern with era accuracy. If stuck's one-of-a-kind blessed purple sandals become breakable or if arsen's mask becomes breakable ect. then people will be pretty pissed which of course is super funny to Brules, nox and Matron. Will there be any positive impact of doing this? Nah. The accuracy concern has already been resolved now its just a matter of contradicting Derrick's previous comments or not.

Let's not.

Brules

Post by Brules »

Panthor the Hated wrote:This is much more akin to redressable vendors than it is to weapons. The ability to dress vendors was removed for era accuracy but previously dressed vendors remained as-is for the remainder of their life. I don't recall anyone complaining about the existence of grandfathered items at that time.

This seems to be more of a way to troll people than any concern with era accuracy. If stuck's one-of-a-kind blessed purple sandals become breakable or if arsen's mask becomes breakable ect. then people will be pretty pissed which of course is super funny to Brules, nox and Matron. Will there be any positive impact of doing this? Nah. The accuracy concern has already been resolved now its just a matter of contradicting Derrick's previous comments or not.

Let's not.
Thats actually a great point.....I had not considered that about the dressable vendors. Their numbers decrease continually due to players quiting/leaving/being baned etc, so it is a natural attrition. I would think it might work the same for these "God Items", there is now a finite amount, no more will be created and their #'s should decrease over time due to the reasons above.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Stand strong Brules!

I fully admit that the only reason I want the grandfathering to go away is so I can attempt to smash them. And when I smash them I will lololol. Oh yeah... also era accuracy and stuff I guess.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Do the people who had hally's where their damage range was up to 150% get to have their hally's grandfathered because they were told by staff that the current damage range was accurate? The decision here is "Derrick's Word", which maybe he wants to keep, and while admirable is ultimately era inaccurate as well. Many people were told many things by developers and GM's and at one time or another those statements were prove to be inaccurate and their items were not grandfathered.

I can understand the personal liability and personal ties he has with players who have these items is great and often weights decisions, however if the goal is to be truly era accurate these cannot be taken into account. GM's and developers were not held responsible to their word to players in era, the game changes and you have to accept that better or worse.(this applies to those of us who are for era accuracy and want blessed items breakable, as well as the anti-accuracy crowd who desires invulnerable items)

My personal goal is not a vendetta or to play smashy smashy with neons, it is an objective perspective on shard accuracy. If it is not accurate, it should be changed to reflect accuracy if we know the facts behind the debate.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

noxmonk wrote:I can understand the personal liability and personal ties he has with players who have these items is great and often weights decisions
If you understand this, you are quite frankly in the wrong place. The concept that it should matter whether I have "ties" with any player who this decision effects is immoral by my standards and truthfully abhorant. I have known some players on both sides of this issue for many years, and that is certainly not a part of any decision that has or will be made on this or any other issue on this shard.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

From my understanding, the items currently grandfathered are not said to remain that way forever, it's a temporary fix- Why use this fix you ask? Excellent question, according to some, including Derrick himself (this is just what i've heard from D and others), when blessed items were explained to them, they were told the item would never break. Derrick is not one to break his word- but I assure you this weighs heavy on his heart because he is also one for absolute Era Accuracy. It is very unfortunate that he is in the situation he is in now.

My one hope is, that all of us with grandfather'd blessed items can just get past this and realize it is for the good of the server that all of them become breakable. Being as that is the way it was during t2a. I do have grandfathered items and I would be more than willing to have these items break, would it suck? Well yes, but that would also bring back just another aspect of t2a that we all love and remember.

This is a step, regardless of how small it is, in the right direction. I am really suprised that you were able to keep the peace on this for so long Derrick. It's a touchy subject when u start talking about our trammel pieces (that's sarcasm btw to everyone here) ;p

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Yes, for the GOOD of the server, rofl.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I don't understand what the down side to these items actually being breakable is. 99% of the people who own them only ever get hit with halberds, which would take forever and a day to break them. And nevermind the fact that you could very easily set a one-button hotkey to remove the mask. The negative impact of fully moving to accuracy is so negligible...

Brules

Post by Brules »

Loathed wrote: My one hope is, that all of us with grandfather'd blessed items can just get past this and realize it is for the good of the server that all of them become breakable. Being as that is the way it was during t2a. I do have grandfathered items and I would be more than willing to have these items break, would it suck? Well yes, but that would also bring back just another aspect of t2a that we all love and remember.
Epic post.

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

so much troll
brules iam pretty sure you played here before and enjoyed the game how it is. did u quit when u heared they have a silver event system here?did you quit when u saw a handfull guys with neon sandals? did you quit after patches where is no 100% proof that it is era accurate?did you quit when blessed items wont break? no you were down with it and still played here but now it is so horrible that some items dont break and u act like this will ruin the whole server. your goal is just to piss ppl off. on the other hand you are begging for a second inaccurate CUB event just a example. and at the end u have no argument you just repeat the same troll over and over again.
you are so mad dude rofl
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

How is making prepatch items breakable for the good of the server?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I understand that players may not agree with the decision that was made. It is my personal belief that it is akin to stealing and fraud for these items to have been or ever be forcibly changed. I am not willing to discuss or debate this personal belief in a public forum, and i regret having to make this post.

I understand that comparisons have been made to prior shard patches which may or may not be equatable to this situation, and which also may have been less avoidable that the current situation, or may have just been the wrong policy decision to make in those cases (i.e. two wrongs don't make a right). There are also a number of examples in which mechanics have been grandfathered, such as item decay in courtyards, player vendors clothing, etc. It's a fair statement to say that at least these in prior situations there is a chance for attrition of the situation, which is less of a factor in this case, regretfully it's indeed the attrition of these items that has been almost directly prevented.

I'm not saying that the right thing was done; I'm saying that I feel either other extreme would be more wrong. And when I say that i feel it's wrong, i mean that I could not, as per my own personal definition of right and wrong choose any other action than the one that was made at the time.

I left the door open for a possible change in the future because quite honestly I can envision the possibility of a situation in which these items might be exchanged on a voluntary basis, however i do not know what that would possibly be.

I did not make this post to open up a conversation on whether my moral compass on this issue is pointing in a direction that everyone agrees with, it's already clear that it does not. I respect other peoples opinions on this, on both sides of the issue and it is not for me to judge their opinion, and would appreciate it if my own personal beliefs are not attacked in this forum.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Grandfathered "blessed items" is a cop out.

Edit: Additionally if such a patch was going to go in there should have been some sort of notice so ALL people could have taken advantage of this.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

poogoblin wrote:Grandfathered "blessed items" is a cop out.

Edit: Additionally if such a patch was going to go in there should have been some sort of notice so ALL people could have taken advantage of this.
They had 3 years, ample time.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w