Mage PVP Templet

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Vile

Mage PVP Templet

Post by Vile »

Magery
Eval Int
Healing
Meditation
Wrestleing
Resisting Spells

What should I get for my 7th skill as a pvp character for a amge I was thinking maybe anatomy to increase my healing?

Thanks for the help!

Spitfire

Re: Mage PVP Templet

Post by Spitfire »

For the standard PvP mage, drop healing and pick up swords and tactics. You will be hard to kill with healing/anatomy, and an asset with a group, but won't have the offense to kill anyone 1v1 without a weapon skill.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

If you have healing then macing, charged weapons will give an extra benefit both offensively and in healing alongside stamina damage.

A staff with lightning charges is a good interrupt/finisher especially since there is no delay and it is not as clumsy as using explosion pots...not saying you shouldn't carry ex-pots with you to combo with.

People throw staves and wands away all the time but in conserving mana, which a healer/macer mage is primarily used for, even debuff weapons have a use.

You have:Magery, Bandages, Potions,magery, and Mace weapons to heal
and you have: Mace weapons, Magery, Charged Items, and Potions to use offensively
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

you would be better off with a weapon skill on a pvp mage. you can play a pure mage if you want, but you'll have trouble killing people because of heal through poison and slow mana regen. against a tank mage (mage with weapon skills) you would be spending a great deal of time and mana on defensive spells and you wouldn't have enough mana for offense. even with a full mana dump, without a weapon skill to add extra damage it would be very easy to heal through and would be a waste, leaving you defensive until you got enough mana to try again. the whole time, your opponent would be swinging their weapon doing constant damage, without needing to use mana.

pure mages didn't really become viable in pvp until the release of uo:r. tank mages are the way to go here.

magery
meditation
evaluating intelligence
wrestling
resisting spells
tactics
weapon skill (usually swords)

100 str, 25 dex, 100 int

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

marmalade wrote:the whole time, your opponent would be swinging their weapon doing constant damage, without needing to use mana.
pure mages didn't really become viable in pvp until the release of uo:r. tank mages are the way to go here.
But considerably slower from stamina damage while spamming use item in hand/ last target with lightning charges. Being able to both attack with lightning and explosion pots as well as heal while staying mobile isn't something to be scoffed at especially on the field facing multiple opponents (hopefully with a buddy at your side :lol: ).
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

elementkinger

Post by elementkinger »

gm
snoping stealing med resist magery wrestling and hiding or evalint xD

Return to “Guides”