FISHING

Moderator: Support Moderators

ScoobyDoO

FISHING

Post by ScoobyDoO »

I guess my question is rather simple, how often or how hard is it to get SoS's ? When fishing each spot, does a sea serpent pop up if you have GM fishing alot ? or is it like a rare thing to see ? I went around thr whole sea yesterday, side to side, top to bottom, i seen a load of dolphines, but 0 sea serpents. I would think there should be some to give fisherman some danger of going out ? I always remember back in the day walking on the boarder of brit and here and there ull even see a sea serpents against the shoreline. I find it odd in this dangerous world we all live in, there are 0 sea serpents to be found! Unless you fish them up of course, i dont know how long that takes...

venox

Re: FISHING

Post by venox »

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

ScoobyDoO wrote:I guess my question is rather simple, how often or how hard is it to get SoS's ? When fishing each spot, does a sea serpent pop up if you have GM fishing alot ? or is it like a rare thing to see ? I went around thr whole sea yesterday, side to side, top to bottom, i seen a load of dolphines, but 0 sea serpents. I would think there should be some to give fisherman some danger of going out ? I always remember back in the day walking on the boarder of brit and here and there ull even see a sea serpents against the shoreline. I find it odd in this dangerous world we all live in, there are 0 sea serpents to be found! Unless you fish them up of course, i dont know how long that takes...
I do remember seeing a sea serp in Brit Harbor one of my first days of UO. I don't know what the story was.

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

Derrick wrote:
ScoobyDoO wrote:I guess my question is rather simple, how often or how hard is it to get SoS's ? When fishing each spot, does a sea serpent pop up if you have GM fishing alot ? or is it like a rare thing to see ? I went around thr whole sea yesterday, side to side, top to bottom, i seen a load of dolphines, but 0 sea serpents. I would think there should be some to give fisherman some danger of going out ? I always remember back in the day walking on the boarder of brit and here and there ull even see a sea serpents against the shoreline. I find it odd in this dangerous world we all live in, there are 0 sea serpents to be found! Unless you fish them up of course, i dont know how long that takes...
I do remember seeing a sea serp in Brit Harbor one of my first days of UO. I don't know what the story was.
You should give the sea some life. I find hunting at sea fun (yea im lame) and i know t2a osi had spawned sea serps also. The sea is my life...and unfortunity at the moment, it looks like a desert..*cry* I would like to invite anyone to comment on my suggestion, as im trying to give a better experience for everyone and just not myself. If you believe there should be no change, please reply so, any answer will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Ryan

Zim

Post by Zim »

I fished for most my money back in the day, and there wasn't that much sea life. LOTS of dolphins, the OCCASIONAL water elemental, and serpents left over from players.

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

Zim wrote:I fished for most my money back in the day, and there wasn't that much sea life. LOTS of dolphins, the OCCASIONAL water elemental, and serpents left over from players.
Ok, thank you. I guess i have a faded memory.

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

All i got to say is.. WWOOOWW! from 93.1 fishing and 0 hiding, i managed to GM hiding before fishing and im still not there yet, currently at 98.4 fishing. I did not realize how borring and yet how hard fishing can be :) Then again i guess it makes sense, there is no real risk involved in fishin up SoS's is there ? Well sea serps, but a expo, 2 ebolts and a hally hit kills them. Well i have much respect for all your fishers... i really do.. its harder then resist!!!! :)

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

Yep, that's the reason why at 98.8, I decided to drop fishing.

Totally lost all the fun that it used to have for me.

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

If someone does not mind, is it possible for someone to post the Sos's loot as far as what it gives and how many levels there are. Just so this thread can be sorta helpful for people that dont know, like me :) What each chest is worth on average.

Thank you

herb

WHATS IN SOS CHESTS

Post by herb »

did some research on this since im almost gm fishing already heres my experiences with sos's in the past never fished one on this shard but osi sos chests are as follows
LEVEL 1 Chests (1000 gold, 5 magic items, 4 scrolls, 3 gems, and 150 or so reagents)
LEVEL 2 Chests (2000 gold, 10 magic items, 8 scrolls, 6 gems, and 300 or so reagents)
LEVEL 3 Chests (3000 gold, 15 magic items, 12 scrolls, 9 gems, and 450 or so reagents)

Return to “New Player Help”