Couple of newbie house questions

Moderator: Support Moderators

TalonDracon

Couple of newbie house questions

Post by TalonDracon »

1. I am currently friended to a house that I am using temporarily. Once I get the funds for my own house, can I be friended and own my own at the same time? Or will I need to lose the friended status first?

2. I was browsing the Houses section of the Trading Post, and noticed all of the bids were structured, "Deed + 5k" or "Deed + small" etc... Can someone clarify this for me? Would this mean purchasing a deed of the same type house from a vendor and using that in the transaction?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Talon Dracon - Catskills: 1997 - May 2000

Eastwood

Re: Couple of newbie house questions

Post by Eastwood »

Hey Talon,

I can't answer question 1 very well for you, I think you should have no problem being friended to a house while owning another. Being a co-owner of a house, and an owner of a house is impossible I think.

Question 2, Yes, it means that they expect a bid of the cost of the house deed, plus 5K or another deed even. This may seem like a lot of money to trust someone to transfer the house to you (I Have not bought a used house yet) but to make this secure people often use brokers in game, players who are very active on the server who have good reputations and would not put something like 3 million gold in front of their reputation. If you spend a lot of time looking at house forums after a while you see that reputable players often sell houses and they can be trusted. For lesser known players you can use a broker.

The reason I replied, I was on catskills from 97-2000ish, with many breaks in there. I want to say Whats up! I was in ODR mostly, I was Strongbow Smithy, and x- mostly on cats, but I was a bit of a sporadic player. Remember that guild SUN and how much they owned?

Good luck on UOSA I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Catskills 97-99

TalonDracon

Post by TalonDracon »

Anyone know the answer to the 1st question?

Eastwood,
Thanks for the reply. Good to see some other ex-Catskills vets here. I do remember SUN, fought with and against them many-a-time.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

you can own a house and be friended to others without a problem. if you are co-owned to a house when you place your own, however, you remain on the co-owner list but lose co owner priviledges.

TalonDracon

Post by TalonDracon »

Awesome, thanks for your help guys.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Some additional tips:

1. Always use a reputable broker for such transactions.
2. It's not a bad idea to post confirmed conditions of sale on IRC and/or in the trading forum, in case of dispute: this allows the administration to deal with bona fide scamming, but further permits one to salvage one's personal reputation if a particular deal "goes sour", for whatever reason.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Return to “New Player Help”