spell damage & death

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Sandro

spell damage & death

Post by Sandro »

Haven't had enough time to gather any facts or information on this yet, but I do believe that dying should not nullify the caster's spell damage if he/she dies before those spells' damages are applied.

In example, player A casts an explosion on player B, but player A dies before the explosion takes affect. Currently on UOSA the damage from the explosion spell, from player A, would be nullified down to 0 (zero) because the caster died before the damage applied.

I do not believe this is correct.

Anyone care to prove me wrong/right?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: spell damage & death

Post by nightshark »

Sandro wrote:Haven't had enough time to gather any facts or information on this yet, but I do believe that dying should not nullify the caster's spell damage if he/she dies before those spells' damages are applied.

In example, player A casts an explosion on player B, but player A dies before the explosion takes affect. Currently on UOSA the damage from the explosion spell, from player A, would be nullified down to 0 (zero) because the caster died before the damage applied.

I do not believe this is correct.

Anyone care to prove me wrong/right?
I bought this up a long time ago but couldn't find any proof.

On OSI this was certainly the case. Worked this way with both players and NPCs. Most probably still functions that way.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

To clarify, you are saying that it shouldn't nullify damage if the caster dies?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Sandro wrote:To clarify, you are saying that it shouldn't nullify damage if the caster dies?
I misread your post. Spell damage definitely nullified on OSI upon death of the caster - at least during UO:R. Double kills were an impossibility without poison. I didn't realise it worked this way on UOSA. Is it a new change?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

lemontree

Post by lemontree »

nightshark wrote:
Sandro wrote:To clarify, you are saying that it shouldn't nullify damage if the caster dies?
I misread your post. Spell damage definitely nullified on OSI upon death of the caster - at least during UO:R. Double kills were an impossibility without poison. I didn't realise it worked this way on UOSA. Is it a new change?
Your right...
Explosion shouldn't be nullified, if the caster died before it explode.
<OSI era>

negroblanco

Post by negroblanco »

Yeah call me crazy but I seem to remember having my explosions land after I was dead.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

long after t2a (aos-lbr) I had several instances of dying and my explode killing the other dude right after. as far as I knew that was how it always was.

Bomani

Post by Bomani »

explode has an insane delay .. so yes if you cast it .. it is possible for you to die prior to the damage hitting its target

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Panthor the Hated wrote:long after t2a (aos-lbr) I had several instances of dying and my explode killing the other dude right after. as far as I knew that was how it always was.
I remember (after the action delay was decreased or whatever) that you could use like 15 pots before the 3 seconds were up and esc-cancel them all and even after you died they would all keep exploding. So we would do that and run into crowds of people at the bank etc.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

crazy_harry_bomb_guy.jpg
crazy_harry_bomb_guy.jpg (12.39 KiB) Viewed 3974 times
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

MatronDeWinter wrote: I remember (after the action delay was decreased or whatever) that you could use like 15 pots before the 3 seconds were up and esc-cancel them all and even after you died they would all keep exploding. So we would do that and run into crowds of people at the bank etc.
I remember this too, OSI fixed it mostly because of UOExtreme's "Multi Last Item" function (which was really just a fancy way of double-clicking as many items at once as you wanted to prequeue). Later on people used UOA + Purple Pots to do chain-bombings until that was fixed
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Yeah, it was very fun. But there were clear abuses of this with people tossing them at .5 second intervals using a program that obviously warrants a ban. The action delay here is nice because it prevents a 50/50 10 str newb from killing people with potions in 1 second. I do think that they should go off after your death though, I don't think that OSI would "add that feature in", more likely, it was pre-existing, and it definitely was possible during UO:R.

Blackhaggie

Post by Blackhaggie »

I'm going to agree with sandro here. I remember dying many times after casting explosion. I would see it land on whatever i was attacking while I in ghost form.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

the animation plays but no dmg is dealt

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Panthor the Hated wrote:the animation plays but no dmg is dealt
was this ever confirmed or just pushed down the list in this forum and forgot about