EVs again

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

EVs again

Post by BlackFoot »

Just a pic to illustrate the problem
you cast an ev directly beside an intelligent powerful magic monster such as this blood elemental

it sits directly beside it for its entire life span then disappears without attacking

it will however attack you from a full screen away on the other side of some mountains and disregard the monster
Attachments
blood.jpg
blood.jpg (44.91 KiB) Viewed 2672 times
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: EVs again

Post by nightshark »

It's been stated this is "working as intended". Someone needs to find some evidence this is not era accurate :(
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

morganm

Post by morganm »

Maybe it's just me, and I'm nit-picking here, but it looks like he's a full tile away and there are stalagmites in the way.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

ah they were both moving around that area there
they just happened to wander to that exact spot for a second when i took the pic
i tried it many times and couldnt get them to engage each other
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

There was a site you could look up old posts at but I can't access it anymore.
I read a few things on EV's. None of them state they only target players.
My question is who moved to get this implemented?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

morganm wrote:Maybe it's just me, and I'm nit-picking here, but it looks like he's a full tile away and there are stalagmites in the way.
correct
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

has anyone tried it on the demo?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

nightshark wrote:has anyone tried it on the demo?
I don't think its possible to get an energy vortex scroll on the demo in order to summon one.

Could be wrong though, never tried. I was under the impression all you could obtain was newbie equipment + the supplies that were sold/available in Haven (Occlo?)
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

If you land it directly next to the creature, he should attack, if not you will likely need to lead it around a bit.

They are very sensitive to movement, and to players.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

I've been hidden and stealthed in areas where players have cast EVs and apparently recalled.

The dragon is walking around aimlessly, the EV is moving around aimlessly, unaware of that moving dragon. No obstacles.
Catskills 97-99

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote: My question is who moved to get this implemented?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19395

It was Mens Rhea, and the links he provided were some of the flakiest I've seen to date. When I first came back to UOSA and looked this info up I could hardly believe the change went through with the "proof" that was provided. I've seen many more legit sites be balked at.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Eastwood wrote:I've been hidden and stealthed in areas where players have cast EVs and apparently recalled.

The dragon is walking around aimlessly, the EV is moving around aimlessly, unaware of that moving dragon. No obstacles.
The EV has to cross paths with the <target> on melee range (1 tile) in order to acquire it as a target. Under no circumstances will an EV ever attack a mob unless they move within 1 tile of each-other. If you cast an EV and it doesn't acquire the intended target, you'll need to kite the EV into the creatures face to get the desired results.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Eastwood wrote:I've been hidden and stealthed in areas where players have cast EVs and apparently recalled.

It's fun and ridiculous to watch on a screen full of monsters...but it is supposedly "working as intended" and currently seen as "era accurate".

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

poogoblin wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote: My question is who moved to get this implemented?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19395

It was Mens Rhea, and the links he provided were some of the flakiest I've seen to date. When I first came back to UOSA and looked this info up I could hardly believe the change went through with the "proof" that was provided. I've seen many more legit sites be balked at.
I didn't see anything that proved that EVs/BSs did NOT target spawn. Yeah that was a pretty fragile argument there. Actually :shock: WTF!!!
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

They are working as intended..

They've been like this for quite some time now and if used properly you should have no problems what-so-ever.